xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Microsoft Responds To PS3 Netflix Announcement  (Read 1194 times)

dokworm

• Archived User
Microsoft Responds To PS3 Netflix Announcement
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »

Hmmm... I'm using my PS3 more and more.

Latest thing is that the Brutal Legend DLC is 400 points on live.... but FREE for the PS3.

I'm dropping my live subscription when it runs out this month, the value just isn't there any more and I'm sick of paying for an ad infested service.

Mushy2000

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »

my console got banned back on august 28th... I've been watching the developments between 360 and PS3 just to say I have a lot invested in my XBL account I've paid for 5 years of gold service and I've paid for hundreds of dollars of Rock Band DLC and DLC for Fallout 3 and CODWaw among other things I've built up in my account almost 60k gamerscore ... But I'm seriously considering buying a PS3, what they are offering now for the same price as the 360 you just can't beat it,

funny thing about it... I have like 2 real games for my 360,  when I get my PS3 I could care less that it can't be modded I would gladly pay for every game I enjoy on that console as it would be well worth it, and I could start myself as a legit paying consumer. MS is going to shit literally... there's a moderator here who is all gung ho about how good the ps3 is... and I think I flamed him once or twice, but I now I am actually seeing what the ps3 has to offer and I think maybe it's time I start anew on the ps3.

This post has been edited by Mushy2000: Oct 28 2009, 12:15 AM

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mushy2000 @ Oct 27 2009, 06:13 PM) View Post

my console got banned back on august 28th... I've been watching the developments between 360 and PS3 just to say I have a lot invested in my XBL account I've paid for 5 years of gold service and I've paid for hundreds of dollars of Rock Band DLC and DLC for Fallout 3 and CODWaw among other things I've built up in my account almost 60k gamerscore ... But I'm seriously considering buying a PS3, what they are offering now for the same price as the 360 you just can't beat it,

funny thing about it... I have like 2 real games for my 360,  when I get my PS3 I could care less that it can't be modded I would gladly pay for every game I enjoy on that console as it would be well worth it, and I could start myself as a legit paying consumer. MS is going to shit literally... there's a moderator here who is all gung ho about how good the ps3 is... and I think I flamed him once or twice, but I now I am actually seeing what the ps3 has to offer and I think maybe it's time I start anew on the ps3.

Microsoft doesn't give a SHIT if they loose you.  Sounds like you don't pay for shit anyway.

QUOTE(dokworm @ Oct 27 2009, 06:03 PM) View Post

Hmmm... I'm using my PS3 more and more.

Latest thing is that the Brutal Legend DLC is 400 points on live.... but FREE for the PS3.

I'm dropping my live subscription when it runs out this month, the value just isn't there any more and I'm sick of paying for an ad infested service.

Did you know you can turn that off in the preferences menu??????????

go to settings>profile>edit profile>privacy settings>xbox marketing> flag opt out

adrianc

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mushy2000 @ Oct 28 2009, 12:13 AM) *

Some people people believe that the current generation interacts so much with the consumer that its not worth hacking your machine and buying legit games is the way to go. I have a ps3 and buy all my games and I could easily buy another 360(because I sold mine) to mod it, but whats the point? If you dont pay for games you cant play online if you get banned you lose your DLC.

So paying for the games you actually love and you know you like from reviews and whatnot is well worth the money you spent on them. Maybe having a second console for modding is a good idea but lets get real if you want to enjoy the console to its fullest you got to pay for the content, you get a lot in features. When we had the ps1, ps2, xbox 1 we didnt have the kind of interaction we have today, the xbox1 dashboard was a joke. The ps1 was insert your disk and push power to play, we didnt interact with our benefactors like we do now. So stealing is not a the best option with the current generation and this wont change in fact I think we will have to interact even more with them in the future.

This post has been edited by adrianc: Oct 28 2009, 02:46 AM

DemisesAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(medievil @ Oct 27 2009, 04:30 PM) View Post

ummm.>I have 3 360's and PC all on netflix..no conflict... you can have up to 6 devices per account..
 I'll just have to add the ps3 to the existing list

I'm not sure when they added the ability to have multiple devices added to your account, but when I first signed up for Netflix I tried adding my roommates to my netflix account, just in case we watched movies in their room instead of mine, it always replaced my XBox with their XBox.

I don't own a PS3, but doesn't it have a built-in browser? Couldn't you just log in to your netflix account from the browser or does it not allowed apps to be installed (like M$ Silverlight)?

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(DemisesAngel @ Oct 27 2009, 09:23 PM) View Post

I'm not sure when they added the ability to have multiple devices added to your account, but when I first signed up for Netflix I tried adding my roommates to my netflix account, just in case we watched movies in their room instead of mine, it always replaced my XBox with their XBox.

I don't own a PS3, but doesn't it have a built-in browser? Couldn't you just log in to your netflix account from the browser or does it not allowed apps to be installed (like M$ Silverlight)?

think you answered your own question  biggrin.gif

doesnt work hehe

RMF

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2009, 12:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Oct 27 2009, 05:55 PM) *

Then factor in the time it takes to install what you've downloaded (eg demos). With XBL it's ready once it's finished. With the PS3 however, you've then got to manually install once it's down.

If I factor that in then my PS3 downloads are still a hell of a lot faster. Nice try though.

medievil

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 03:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(DemisesAngel @ Oct 28 2009, 03:23 AM) *

don't think it works... but even if it did... I don't much like the browser streaming on netflix.. the plugins seem to produce less than stellar quality..streaming to a dedicated device (360, Roku[I have seen them in action]) gives a MUCH better result..
It's almost as if the Browser player plays them at a lower stream setting...

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Oct 28 2009, 02:42 AM) View Post

Microsoft doesn't give a SHIT if they loose you.  Sounds like you don't pay for shit anyway.

go to settings>profile>edit profile>privacy settings>xbox marketing> flag opt out

Someone (perhaps you) has suggested that in a previous thread. That doesn't really stop the ads, tho; it stops them from emailing you stuff. The ads will still be on the dash, and the only way to have it start on 'my xbox' is to boot it while disconnected from LIVE.

trentdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxjason @ Oct 26 2009, 09:33 PM) *

But what about the users interested in netflix only, and not online gaming? No discounts, eh?    (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

For that, you mine as well just get the netflix box deal thing.  Forget what its called.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Oct 28 2009, 09:17 AM) View Post

Someone (perhaps you) has suggested that in a previous thread. That doesn't really stop the ads, tho; it stops them from emailing you stuff. The ads will still be on the dash, and the only way to have it start on 'my xbox' is to boot it while disconnected from LIVE.

uh, yeah it does. i tried it and compared.

Mushy2000

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Oct 28 2009, 02:42 AM) *

Obviously you can't read. I've bought over a thousand dollars of DLC over my 5 years. not even joking.

rock band makes up a big portion of that, I love guitar hero rock band and I have every single dlc song for rock band, I'm anything but cheap,

iceman72

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »

I guess I am in the minority. But even with this Netflix on my PS3. I just don't like the PS3 game selection. I hate the controllers. I hate that I can not swap batteries in my PS3 controllers. I just like the menu system and online play much much better on the 360. I dont care if its $49 bucks a year. Really thats nothing. People blow more than that on cigarettes. Heck I dont even watch BR movies on my PS3. For me its worthless. I just traded in all my games toward DJ Hero on the 360. If I though I could get a decent amount of cash for my PS3 it would be sold. But I hold on to it just in case that game comes along that just is on PS3.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2009, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(iceman72 @ Oct 29 2009, 09:37 PM) View Post

I guess I am in the minority. But even with this Netflix on my PS3. I just don't like the PS3 game selection. I hate the controllers. I hate that I can not swap batteries in my PS3 controllers. I just like the menu system and online play much much better on the 360. I dont care if its $49 bucks a year. Really thats nothing. People blow more than that on cigarettes. Heck I dont even watch BR movies on my PS3. For me its worthless. I just traded in all my games toward DJ Hero on the 360. If I though I could get a decent amount of cash for my PS3 it would be sold. But I hold on to it just in case that game comes along that just is on PS3.

Uncharted 2 man!

lcprove

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »

PS3 has numerous good exclusive games now, here are some:  Metal Gear 4, uncharted 2, infamous, killzone 2, resistance 2, littlebigplanet, ninja gaiden sigma 1 and 2, ratchet and clank's, and more.  xbox 360 basically has GoW, forza and halo.

This post has been edited by lcprove: Oct 30 2009, 06:51 PM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]