xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Slow Wmc Extender!  (Read 135 times)

jebise1001

• Archived User
Slow Wmc Extender!
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »

I have had this problem since day one and tried to fix it as best i could. I can use WMC as a extender on the xbox and it works fine, but the problem is that it's just so slow.

So my question is, people that use WMC extender with there 360's what did you guys do to get it to work??

Is so slow that going from one folder to another take 5 minutes. I have tried port forwarding, all AV/firewall disabled but its still slow and i can't figure out why. I just use the dash to look at my videos or music and that also works just fine, but WMC as such a nice interface that i would like to use but can't do it being so dam laggy.

This was the case when i had vista and is still the same thing with windows 7. Could it be because i using wireless?

i don't think so because this is a main xbox feature ad it should work with the wireless adapter.

Also I spent the  last day playing with setting and will say i have improved the lag in the browsing my 50%, bedoure it was just unusable at least now i can use it to some degree. It still gets stuck when i try to go into a folder with a lot of files but if i go to folder that have limited about of files it works fine. I tried it with a wired connect and all my problems went away but i can go wired all the time since the xbox is in a tottaly diffen et part of the house.

ozblogger

• Archived User
Slow Wmc Extender!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »

Have similar problem here, using wireless via a Wifi router plugged  via Cat5 to 360.
Windows 7 (RC).
After a few tries I re-connected the 360 (Xtender setup again), deleted the current media library and rebuilt library from scratch, seems bit better now, but there is still an unacceptable lag & random freezes on the Extender.
Have given up for now, might try again with Win7 Retail build

jebise1001

• Archived User
Slow Wmc Extender!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »

the thing is i have the retail version, and it's still very laggy. If i get a video playing it's fine but browsing my media is just laggy