xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question On Media Dvd`  (Read 101 times)

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Question On Media Dvd`
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »

They are the same dye which both suck. So if those are your only choice pick the cheapest.
Personally I will only ever use verbatim disks.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Question On Media Dvd`
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »

Why do you need so many,
Would be better to buy like 5 of each brand and test thing to be sure they will work with your burner and consoles DVD drive, the have 300 coasters.

As in everything you get what you pay for. The verbatim are more expensive for a reason.
When I started backing up my games I used a cheap brand and most of them wouldnt read proply and gave me Disk read errors. Switched to verbatim like every one says and no way will I ever go back to cheap disks again.

Better to burn once and know its going to work then have to burn it, then get a DRE while in the middle of the game and have to burn another copy just to get past that bit.

In the end the verbatim will last longer, have less coasters and cause less wear on the burner and xbox dvd drive.

smokey0357

• Archived User
Question On Media Dvd`
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »

i have used almost all media and was using matrix for a long time great price and i never have a problem with them but want a bump up on media phillips i have never used and memorex always worked as good as matrix. ok what about imation disk those where great back in the day found 100pack spindles for $75 that is even cheape r then all but matrix but hey just asking