xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Easy Fast Way To Play Those Mkv's On Your 360!  (Read 143 times)

siyrobbo

• Archived User
Easy Fast Way To Play Those Mkv's On Your 360!
« on: August 21, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »

just convert it straight to a M2TS file, these avchd files play natively on the 360's media extender with windows 7 without having to install anything else, thats what ive been doing

intersliced

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »

I have tried playing converted m2ts files on my xbox media center from my windows 7 pc but have had no luck.  all I get is a black screen that say buffering for about 10 seconds then nothing.  the files I have tried converting with tsmuxer were mkv with ac3.  the video was avc.  the files play fine in windows media player.  any help would be appreciated.

TheTerminator

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »

or you can use GotSENT that demuxes it to a MP4 file with no loss in video or sound quality and same file size. Takes a little longer though.

xtrahuge

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(PimpTwzt @ Aug 21 2009, 08:59 AM) View Post
Now one thing I found was that I was not getting any sound. I had perfect picture but no sound so i googled a lot and found that it might be b/c the the audio was dts and not ac3. So I got this other program to re-encode the dts audio stream to an ac3 stream.

Eac3to GUI. You will have to google it since there are many places to get it and I have not found the official site.

Install it.

Now open tsMuxeR and Demux the audio stream ONLY if its DTS. If its AC3 already your good to go just mux in .TS and your good to go.

Only takes about 5-10 mins depending on the size of the movie.

Now if it was DTS AND you Demuxed it open up Eac3to click ad source. Select your Demuxed .dts file.
Now select the Audio tab. Its the next one over.
The top right of the window there is a drop down menu select your source.
The window will minimize and a command prompt will pop up for a second or two then the window will come back up.
Now top left of window type in Track 2 in File Name then save as type select ac3.
At the bottom click Lock current settings to Command line
Then click Run Command line
It will take up to 15 mins depending on the size of the file and if it needs a second pass.

Once that is completed close Eac3to and open tsMuxeR again. Add your movie AND Add Track 2.ac3
UNCHECK the .dts audio stream and click remove.
Now select Mux.
Once its done start up your 360 and media center and watch your movie.
I have only tryed watching .ts movies in Media Center on the 360!!!

THis works I have done this at least 5 times now and they all play just fine. Just take a couple more seconds to buffer.

Could AC3Filter be set to make the DTS audio work?

pdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheTerminator @ Sep 5 2009, 02:40 PM) View Post

or you can use GotSENT that demuxes it to a MP4 file with no loss in video or sound quality and same file size. Takes a little longer though.

GotSent method will reduce audio down to 2 ch with AC3Filter or else it wont work

dokworm

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 12:53:00 AM »

How do you get tsconverter to run on Windows 7?