xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Divx Problem  (Read 149 times)

PeeWee09

• Archived User
Divx Problem
« on: June 18, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »

Ok so i already know how to update so my xbox plays divx fine, used my live profile to update on my 1st xbox.
Started to use my other xbox so swapped the hd over but then it needs to be signed on to live to play divx.
Now from reading the faqs i understand how i need to make a 2nd profile to force the download update for that xbox but when i sign in to the 2nd account it fails on the dowload bit?
Any ideas?

PeeWee09

• Archived User
Divx Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »

Anyone?
I understand i could delete the update from the hard drive i made using my other machine& force it again but i swap between both xbox's with the same harddrive & wont this method then have a similar effect when i swap back to the hitachi xbox?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Divx Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(PeeWee09 @ Jun 21 2009, 11:03 AM) View Post

.... wont this method then have a similar effect when i swap back to the hitachi xbox?

Yes it will.  You will be required to sign in on one box as it will only be authorized for one console.  Even with different profiles, the file is physically only there for one profile/console.  A possible solution is to also use a memory card, and save the media update on that, for the other box/profile.

PeeWee09

• Archived User
Divx Problem
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 06:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(hyperactiveme @ Jun 26 2009, 03:34 PM) View Post
are we still SOL for banned consoles and media update?

None of my xbox's are banned, mines convenience sake only, I have just one hard drive thats all?