xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Netflix From Outside Us.  (Read 280 times)

parker955

• Archived User
Help With Netflix From Outside Us.
« on: May 26, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »

The only way I can think of getting around it is to have a buddy in the states so you can use his address but then try to use your credit card.

ale_k300

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(parker955 @ May 27 2009, 01:04 AM) View Post

The only way I can think of getting around it is to have a buddy in the states so you can use his address but then try to use your credit card.

I passed that point, i actually opened an account and been able to queue stuff to see on the xbox, but when hitting play at the console is when i get that message.

chittnp

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 01:41:00 AM »

I have the same problem, I'm stationed in Germany, but my xbox live billing address is in the states. The error I get has to do with it not being able to stream to my IP address, I think this is because I use TKS for an ISP and not a US based one.

The Ginga

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »

You used to be able to play the videos without any IP workaround up until a few months ago - at which point Netflix/Microsoft worked out the glitch and started reading IPs of users.

In short, there's not really anything you can do. You can still stream on your laptop via the Netflix site and hook it up to your TV via a cable.

There are a few people working on various plug-ins for programs like TVersity that may allow Netflix access/streaming in the future but you'd need to run a paid local proxy like GoTrusted to get the best out of it.