xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Implimenting Vga Or Dvi  (Read 313 times)

parker955

• Archived User
Implimenting Vga Or Dvi
« on: May 11, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »

I have the same cable and it does support 1080P. You get a list of resolutions to pick from and 1920X1080 or 1080P is in there.

And it also does have an optical out on it. It's at the part at were it connects to the a/v port. And that is a VGA cable. That's microsofts one it works really well i never had a problem.

paulrules

• Archived User
Implimenting Vga Or Dvi
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »

I have that exact cable. LIKE THE TITLE SAYS, it is a VGA cable, NOT an HDMI cable. It supports 5.1 optical audio out from the plug on the side of the connector (That plugs into the 360). It doesn't come with an optical audio cable (At least mine didn't).

If you need a connection to the DVI monitor, use a HDMI to DVI cable Costs about 5-10 bucks on Newegg, and works great.

I'm sorry, but seriously; learn to read/google.

ExitRooster

• Archived User
Implimenting Vga Or Dvi
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 03:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(paulrules @ May 11 2009, 02:35 PM) View Post

I have that exact cable. LIKE THE TITLE SAYS, it is a VGA cable, NOT an HDMI cable. It supports 5.1 optical audio out from the plug on the side of the connector (That plugs into the 360). It doesn't come with an optical audio cable (At least mine didn't).

If you need a connection to the DVI monitor, use a HDMI to DVI cable Costs about 5-10 bucks on Newegg, and works great.

I'm sorry, but seriously; learn to read/google.

I'm sorry, but take your own advice.

If I use an HDMI-DVI adapter, since those nice HDMI-2-DVI adapters do not split the AUDIO, I'll have video only..

LIKE MY POST SAYS.  I can use VGA OR DVI, and I need a solution that will allow EITHER of those two to ALSO have audio in the form of the traditional L/R RCA 2 channel audio.  Yes.  I did mention optical, this is true, as I noted when the 360 is NOT hooked up to my monitor (reference my original post about MOVING it from two locations) it will be at an area with component cable video and optical audio.  Again, I state the intercooler device was the perfect match for me because it allowed all these outputs, however..  It does not fit with the new style..  I appreciate your semi-canned answer, but seriosuly, you need to read what the problem is before just jumping to conclusions and randomly telling someone to learn to read/google.  Like I didn't spend hours doing that already...

Oh.. And for what it's worth.  Before it comes up..  Yes, I'm aware that somewhere on these forums there is a writeup (that I've posted on 2 years ago, in fact) about hacking up the stock RCA AV cable and wiring it up for VGA/DVI/etc..  (Basically, make your own break out box of all the possible outputs).  I have no way to "handle" the optical port, however, so that's not an option to me.

Anyone else have, or come across something like that intercooler deal with all the outputs on it?  Box, av cord, whatever smile.gif

eR

P.S:  Sorry to come off that way..  Just really hate when ppl say, "read/search", when they didn't read the exact situation to begin with.

In your defense, you did answer the question about the walmart product, verifying it DOES have optical out, and since you CAP me about it not being an HDMI cable, I'll assume despite the TINY connector for whatever reason shown in the pic, it is a stock (HUGE) xbox av connector.  I do appreciate that info.  

I dunno.. I guess I could buy multiple av adapters like that vga one from walmart AND the component one for this box, just wish there was still that all-in-one solution like there was for pre-hdmi consoles. sad.gif

ExitRooster

• Archived User
Implimenting Vga Or Dvi
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(parker955 @ May 11 2009, 02:28 PM) View Post

I have the same cable and it does support 1080P. You get a list of resolutions to pick from and 1920X1080 or 1080P is in there.

And it also does have an optical out on it. It's at the part at were it connects to the a/v port. And that is a VGA cable. That's microsofts one it works really well i never had a problem.

Right on - Glad to hear about the 1080p part.  Was worried about it saying 1080i, not p.  Guess I'm just going to have to pick up two sets of cables for it, been scouring the net relentlessly and can't find any 'new' product (supporting the new av connector location on the 360).  Just can't understand why no one would make an updated version of those things. sad.gif

scuba156

• Archived User
Implimenting Vga Or Dvi
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 01:53:00 AM »

That can work. just take the casing on a component cable and plug that in for audio. when you use HDMi, the AV port still outputs audio, so you can have HDMI>DVI and optical or RCA audio

what tiny connector? one side is split off into red/white audio and VGA while the other half of the image is just cropped hiding the AV plug.

That can work. just take the casing on a component cable and plug that in for audio. when you use HDMi, the AV port still outputs audio, so you can have HDMI>DVI and optical or RCA audio