xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Will New Arcade Display Hd With Old Hd Cable?  (Read 266 times)

sparkyguy

• Archived User
Will New Arcade Display Hd With Old Hd Cable?
« on: April 29, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(sparkyguy @ Apr 29 2009, 10:10 PM) View Post

I'm replacing my old 360, I've repaired it so many times the case doesn't even snap closed properly anymore.  To keep the replacement on the cheap, I'm considering purchase of a "vanilla" Arcade box and re-use old accessories as much as possible.  However, I don't want to lose my old Hard Drive data or ability to display High-Def video.  My old unit DOES NOT have HDMI.  The AV cable is the trapezoid "D" shaped plug.  My original unit has NOT been software modded, just repaired (ROD, E-74, Heat-Gun treatment, X-bracket repair, etc.)

My Questions:

1) Hard Drive: Since the cheapo "Arcade" model does not ship with a Hard Drive, does it at least have provisions (socket on the top of CPU, etc.) so I can simply relocate my old Hard Drive to the Arcade CPU and keep my existing saved game data?

2) High-Def Video: The carton for the Arcade model says it doesn't do High-Def video.  Does this mean it isn't manufactured with the high-def chip-set or does it mean that it simply doesn't ship with the big pregnant High-Def AV plug used on the old 360's?  Essentially, can I re-use my old High-Def AV cable on a new "Arcade" box and if I do so, will it display High-Def?

SuperHumanly

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »

The Arcade 360 isn't really any different. It still works with all the same cables, hard drives, etc. It displays 720p & 1080p HDMI perfectly fine through component as well as HDMI.

Mholt215

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 01:01:00 AM »

Once you have your new arcade just buy an hdmi cable, and plug that in, plug your hard drive in the top, sync your controller to it and your good to go!

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 07:05:00 AM »

The carton for the Arcade model says it doesn't do High-Def video

What that simply means is, that the arcade comes with no AV cables that support 720i or higher, only 480i cables, but it can use composite, component and HDMi