xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Media Center Capablities  (Read 285 times)

fbfrost

• Archived User
360 Media Center Capablities
« on: April 22, 2009, 06:53:00 AM »

Okay, So I've been doing research for a while, played with TVersity as well and I can't seem to get this right for the 360 (If it's even possible for what I'm wanting to do). I just need a little push in the right direction if you guys could help me a little bit smile.gif

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is a all in one media center. As of right now I have a PS3 that is my media center (Streamed from TVersity) and I also have my 360. My PS3 will play all of my formats (I have MPG, MPEG, .h264, divx, and many more) without any problem. My problem though is that I have a projector, and my projector only has one HDMI in, so I want to just have the 360 plugged in and leave it in, rather than switching back from the PS3 and 360.

Is there a way to seamlessly get the 360 to play all of the formats that I want? I've been trying to configure TVersity and all I have ran into are problems after problems. If this question has been answered before please show me, as I cannot find the answer thus far.

So my goal is to dump the PS3 and let the 360 completely take over, as I hate to have a PS3 that's only being used for a Media Center. I'm sure someone else could actually use it as a gaming device, lol.

Thanks guys!

-Frost

fbfrost

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »

I've been playing with Vuze lately, it's nice and all but it converts my mpeg's rather than transcode them. I have a bunch of 1080P mpeg's and it would take weeks to convert them all. As of right now is there anything that can transcode mpeg's, mpg's, etc.?

DemisesAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »

Depending upon the operating system you could try out Transcode 360. They are for Windows Based PC's that have some form of Media Center (Media Center 2005, Vista Home Premium or Ultimate). If you have Vista x64 you'll have to find a early version of that program because it is the only one that will work with x64 OS's.

I set that up on my Uncle's Computer and it worked out pretty well. Only thing is, is you have to set it up through Media Center as an Extender.