xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Netflix is Xbox 360 Console Exclusive 'For Now'  (Read 201 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Netflix is Xbox 360 Console Exclusive 'For Now'
« on: April 15, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | April 15 21:42 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From edge-online.com:

Netflix has told us that its streaming service on game consoles is exclusive to Xbox 360 for the time being, although when asked about its future plans the company didn't rule out the possibility of taking its movie and TV offerings to other platforms.

"Netflix is always looking for ways to grow the service. For now, Netflix streaming on game consoles is exclusively on the Xbox 360 - and it's a terrific hit," a spokesperson said. "More than one million Netflix members who are Xbox Gold members have watched more than 1.5 billion minutes of movies and TV episodes instantly over the internet from Netflix via their Xbox 360."

When asked about potential plans to expand its operations outside of the States, the Netflix spokesperson simply told us that "Netflix is available in the U.S. only."

Full Story: edge-online.com

tom_mandory

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:06:00 AM »

I wonder if they are aware that billions of other people actually exist in other countries.

devilstrider

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 08:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(tom_mandory @ Apr 16 2009, 04:42 AM) *

I wonder if they are aware that billions of other people actually exist in other countries.

Tell me about it. 1.5 billion minutes is not alot when you think about how many people are out there.

chronno

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »

With the hoops that Netflix had to jump threw just to get on the 360 and all the hoops they would have to jump threw just to get it to the UK, it's not hard to see that they are willing to put off the PS3 or even the Wii for a while.  The movie companies make innovation hard.