xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Re-encoding Methods To Convert Files Just Container Change  (Read 184 times)

lukmen1

• Archived User

Well, I read a lot of posts about converting mkv files to wmv or mp4, but I have a few questions.
First, when i convert my mkv files to mp4 with got sent and xenon mkv they don't turn out good.
So I do it manually. I demux the streams from the mkv, convert 5.1 audio to 2.0 aac and mux it into an mp4 with yamb ( http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/ho...on_xbox_360.cfm ). I also tried muxing subtitles to the mp4 but it seems the 360 doesn't support subtitles in mp4 at all  (subtitles are very important for me - I'm not english).

I came to the idea when I could demux those mkv streams and put it with subtitles into an AVI container (i guess xbox 360 can recognise those subtitles in an AVI container) i would get the same quality 1080p video and even subtitles. Would that work? I could really use some help with that  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . Does anyone have experience with that kind of converting?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
No Re-encoding Methods To Convert Files Just Container Change
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:04:00 PM »

Unfortunately, the 360 will not read embedded subs in an AVI file.  They must be hard coded onto the video for anything other than an actual dvd video (vob).  Details are located in the DivX FAQ that is linked in my sig.

lukmen1

• Archived User
No Re-encoding Methods To Convert Files Just Container Change
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:45:00 AM »

Is there a way to play vob just like on the ps3 (mkv2vob) and then get subtitles ?