xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Looking For A Wmv Conversion Solution  (Read 110 times)

Chronusdark

• Archived User
Looking For A Wmv Conversion Solution
« on: February 04, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »

not the usual type of solution though im looking for a background service or script to periodically check a particular folder for videos, convert them to wmv, and then move them to a new folder and delete the originals. im hoping for something that i wont need to start and could run all day perhaps in low priority mode

thanks in advance

G19

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:34:00 AM »

I'm assuming you're downloading wmv files which are then placed into a folder upon completion? The likes of uTorrent and others offer an option to run an .exe when the download completes although I have never used it myself.

My mate says he uses Tunebite for something similar to what you want, only he uses it for mp4. Apparently it can handle WMV too.

Chronusdark

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 04:38:00 AM »

i will give the utorrent thing a try but what im really looking for is a program that watches a folder for new files and then converts them, something that supports high-def would be excellent

im trying to make my media center pc automated and i need all video to be playable on my xbox 360, and i really dont like tversity as its kind of buggy