xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Streaming From An Xp Pc To 360 Without Wmp11?  (Read 105 times)

tbb033

• Archived User
Streaming From An Xp Pc To 360 Without Wmp11?
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:31:00 PM »

For various reasons I just don't want to install WMP11 on my XP PC. Is there any other way of streaming from the PC to the 360?

I tried looking up some other options. One that I found, TVersity, looked good until I went to download it and got this information on their download page...

For transcoding to WMV (Xbox 360) WMP11 is required

Is that also going to be true of all the various methods of streaming to the 360, or is there some other option that has no need of WMP11 at all?

This isn't a huge deal, I won't die if I can't stream to my 360, I was just trying to get it setup and don't really know what I'm doing yet, so I thought I'd ask some of you people who know this stuff forwards and backwards before pulling out my hair trying to figure it out all alone.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »

You can also stream with the Zune software, or the now dropped Media Connect.

Media Connect is no longer available on microsofts website, but can still be found with a google search kicking around on the web.

G19

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »

Definitely lean towards Media Connect 2, unless you have a specific use for Zune. Find WMC2 here..

It's very light and easy to set up. WMP11 by comparison seems to need a lot more cpu/ram/services to do exactly the same job.

tbb033

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 10:01:00 PM »

Thanks, I'll try the Media Connect thing.

[edited to add]

Worked great! Very easy to use, thanks for the help!

This post has been edited by tbb033: Today, 06:17 AM