xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox Live is 'Proverbial Gold Mine' for Netflix, says Pachter  (Read 238 times)

MrCoke

• Archived User
Xbox Live is 'Proverbial Gold Mine' for Netflix, says Pachter
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »

Netflix, come to Canada please.

spurs2k5

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 11:02:00 PM »

Netflix is alright on the 360. I mean the streaming is very limited as most of the movies that ppl try to stream are not available to stream. There some good flicks on there though, but netflix is still mainly enjoyed the most by ppl who order by mail, cause they can get whatever they want. As far as the membership issue goes,  i do think that to use netflix on the 360 you HAVE TO BE A GOLD MEMBER, is kinda weak, and another way for M$ to make extra $$$. Do you have to get it?  NO, but its the principle. Not about $$$

jerrspud

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »

Didn't M$ tell Nexflix that the console is for gamming and not movies? Isn't that the stated reason why there is no Blueray add on?

Mystakill

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(doubleu @ Jan 28 2009, 11:36 AM) View Post

At $2.31 USD a month ($30 USD for 12+1 xbox live card), can we just get that not be so angry? smile.gif

Or, for the same $30, you can register your very own copy of MediaMall's PlayOn Server and stream Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, CBS, CNN and ESPN to *any* UPnP/DLNA device.  That means it'll work on your Xbox 360, PS3, D-Link, TiVO, and other compatible boxen (and XBMC, even).

johnnyrico

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »

^but you won't enjoy online multiplayer with trueskill matchmaking, download prioritarisation, dedicated servers.
if people really want a certain gold benefit, they'll probably get it.
otherwise they should just stick to silver.
Pages: 1 [2]