xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bach: Blu-ray Isn’t Wanted By Xbox Consumers  (Read 505 times)

Devedander

• Archived User
Bach: Blu-ray Isn’t Wanted By Xbox Consumers
« on: January 08, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »

I'd be happy to get it for free or something but I don't want an external player or to be charged up the wazoo for it so I think they got me covered with "not high on the list of wants".

MickRaider

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »

I think people would rather have digital download and cheaper larger hard drives.

There's really no reason it costs so much to increase your hard drive space.

Dark Seraph

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(MickRaider @ Jan 8 2009, 05:43 PM) View Post

I think people would rather have digital download and cheaper larger hard drives.

There's really no reason it costs so much to increase your hard drive space.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822116095

I would even agree with a 40$ markup because of the grey case around the hdd. lol. laugh.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »

What want to know is where is this "LIST" and how can let me voice be represented on it...

Dark Seraph

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 8 2009, 05:48 PM) View Post

What want to know is where is this "LIST" and how can let me voice be represented on it...

I want some of these
  • Web Browser Maybe
  • Some of the games From the snes ported to 360, Some no name games and Also things like Donkey kong Country, Im not talking mario.
  • more Video formats Playable

tom_mandory

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 03:24:00 PM »

I wouldnt like my blu-ray player to be unusable for weeks at a time while my 360 is at the repair centre for RROD.

So bach is right, Blu-ray Isn’t Wanted By Xbox Consumers.

keystroke

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(GOVATENT @ Jan 9 2009, 09:59 AM) View Post

I call BS on microsoft. They never do what the people want. How many of us 360 owners would love to see a web browser on the 360. I would love a 360 add on, but knowing microsoft it would take me a lifetime to save up to buy one if it did come out.

if they release a browser the console will be hijacked straight away, it's not worth their time updating a browser when everyone has a PC Anywaqy.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »

There is no need for one now. You can pick up a stand alone Blu-Ray player for a little over $100. Very soon they will be under $100. I know Microsoft would not bother making an external Blu-Ray addon unless they can charge at least $150 or more for it.

The next Xbox will have a Blu-Ray drive.

However this digital download is not the answer to blu-ray. I love using netflix on my 360 and I purchase HD movies from the video store on Live for a quick movie flick. But unless someone wants to download 50GB files every time they want a TRUE HD experience then blu-ray will be here to stay for a long time.

Watching a so called HD movie from a digital download is nowhere near the quality of a blu-ray movie.

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(GOVATENT @ Jan 8 2009, 02:59 PM) View Post

I call BS on microsoft. They never do what the people want. How many of us 360 owners would love to see a web browser on the 360. I would love a 360 add on, but knowing microsoft it would take me a lifetime to save up to buy one if it did come out.

What MS fails to mention is the 'list of people' they're talking about are the MS employees sitting around the meeting table.

Do you seriously think the greater portion of xbox 360 owners in the world would have put a game like "Lips" on the list of things the xbox360 should have !!!  I doubt it.

beerchug.gif

QUOTE(keystroke @ Jan 8 2009, 03:10 PM) View Post

if they release a browser the console will be hijacked straight away, it's not worth their time updating a browser when everyone has a PC Anywaqy.

All the traffic will have to go through MS servers.  Remember.... the traffic is encrypted.  A browser will never happen because of that.

devguy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »

"When you ask people the list of things they want to see us spending time creating in Xbox, Blu-ray is way, way down on the list."

So I guess at one point in time HD-DVD was at the top of the list?

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »

So Avatars are wanted by the xbox community? I would say Blu-Ray has more use.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dark Seraph @ Jan 8 2009, 05:55 PM) View Post

halofun121

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »

I don't know where they get this stuff from. What he's really trying to say is "We don't feel like promoting our competitor's product." I'm sure people would buy an external Blu-ray drive if they knew what Blu-ray is. Hell, they wasted money on an external HD-DVD drive, I'm sure they'd make tons more on a Blu-ray one. I for one don't have any space for a standalone player, so something like this would really work out well.

If you're reading this Microsoft, I WANT ONE!

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »

They could just add support for an external drive like this one, no need to market their own unit then.  Shouldn't cost much to develop the software, and it's a kick in the nads for Sony.  Not that I'll buy Sony again in any case, if I want a standalone Blu-Ray I'll buy a Panasonic.

Harteex

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »

I just want a quiet Xbox360  dry.gif  Oh and a fix for the DPAD... Don't care that much about Blu-Ray yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3