xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 360's lack of Sony Pictures films streaming on Netflix 'unrelated' to  (Read 940 times)

Steve-0

• Archived User
360's lack of Sony Pictures films streaming on Netflix 'unrelated' to
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 09:17:00 AM »

aperently there will be a fix included on the 360 release of resistance.

anybody know if the uk will get netflix or something similer like lovefilms?

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(evilkorn @ Nov 21 2008, 07:10 AM) View Post

Guys grow up they said licensing issues from day 1.  It's a plausible reason for some movies to not be allowed to be played.  The same reason other countries can't buy videos from the marketplace is also licensing problems.

actually Sony & Columbia pictures films Netflix were playing just fine from day 1(during the beta and preview program)... in other words, it was more like day 50!! if this had occurred from day 1, this would probably be resolved by now, but instead they got a bunch of pissed off consumers swearing the sony name.

woody21_1

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »

Not only are Sony being spitefull they are telling lies as well....

still dont change the fact that the ps3 is crap online compared to the xbox, sony netflix vids or not....

i bet we never get netflix in the uk anyway

chronno

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Steve-0 @ Nov 21 2008, 05:53 PM) View Post

aperently there will be a fix included on the 360 release of resistance.
anybody know if the uk will get netflix or something similer like lovefilms?

With all this bullshit that Netflix has to do just to get all the licenses for all the movie producers in the US, they probably won't spend all that time, money, and effort to negotiate another massive set of licenses just for one other country.  Not to mention the added taxes and regulations in the UK.  If the MPAA made it easy to negotiate licensing than they probably would be in the UK and most of the world already (and the MPAA would be getting more money).

That is the main reason the UK and others outside the US gets screwed.  It's not that Microsoft doesn't want to take your money but because it's almost impossible to negotiate with most of these dinosaurs.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(woody21_1 @ Nov 21 2008, 09:10 PM) View Post

Not only are Sony being spitefull they are telling lies as well....

still dont change the fact that the ps3 is crap online compared to the xbox, sony netflix vids or not....

i bet we never get netflix in the uk anyway

Do you even have a PS3, I would say online is better, it's not down as much as Xbox Live is.

mc_365

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »

"Licensing Issues" translates into Netflix must kick up to Sony a lager Royalty if they want to offer any of Sony's material to be played on a competitors hardware.

The whole BluRay vs HD-DVD was Licensing, and Sony wants to ensure that they nickle and dime everyone at any oppurtunity.

Netflix probably has a license to stream Sony Films to PCs over the internet, once the film goes to a television the service becomes a direct competitor to BluRay players, PS3, and other Set top Streaming devices that have specific licenses with Sony.

DuBob4432

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »

just more bullshit from sony, a company that is so anti-consumer i can't believe they are still in business.  i would rather not have, then to have a sony.....

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »

Im on my two week trial of netflix, if they dont get this sorted by then im out.

Traeno

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 02:09:00 AM »

Sony Movies or not...Netflix across the 360 is kinda nice. I wish we could browse the Instant List from the 360. but hey...i dont mind sitting in the bed with the laptop adding stuff. Maybe Sony will pull their heads out of their ass and come around, either way im sold on this.

dedzombie

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Nov 21 2008, 04:04 PM) View Post

Do you even have a PS3, I would say online is better, it's not down as much as Xbox Live is.

I'm always trying to figure that one out as well, I cant really see any major difference between PSN and XBL.

and for the people crying about the sony licensing, its not ALL Sony pictures, its from Columbia, who happens to be a subsidiary of Sony. and even so, how are you not pissed off that you have to PAY for XBL and then PAY For netflix just to watch it on your 360.

upsetspy

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(dedzombie @ Nov 22 2008, 06:02 PM) View Post

and for the people crying about the sony licensing, its not ALL Sony pictures, its from Columbia, who happens to be a subsidiary of Sony. and even so, how are you not pissed off that you have to PAY for XBL and then PAY For netflix just to watch it on your 360.

Your acting like these people went out and just bought Xbox's and for this...
They are just like you, GOLD XBL members who want netflix, its really not that expensive for their cheapest Unlimited plan, its not like they HAVE TO pay for both AND its not like you ONLY get the movie on your xbox, you get the DVDs and computer streaming as well.

Consumer choice, if you want it, pay for it...I wont argue the prices, I have XBL for the gaming, netflix streaming is just another perk

spurs2k5

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(dedzombie @ Nov 22 2008, 06:02 PM) View Post

I'm always trying to figure that one out as well, I cant really see any major difference between PSN and XBL.

Agreed. There is no difference from Sony network and XBL. XBL just has a nicer interface. PSN doesnt have downtime as much and performs just as good. Ppl who say its lags most of time are just saying that to defend XBL. Anywys, Netflix issue huh? Sony huh? Sony's the devil huh? Plz ppl get real. Its as of the other 1000's of movies arent good enough to watch. Most of yall are just complaining just to complain. Mainly cause its Sony. What if roles were reversed? Yall be saying how Sony deserves it and what not. Im hearing mostly how unethical Sony is and how they are screwing everyone. Funny yall. Just go and look at the history of M$, and tell how ethical and fair they were, or are to this day. End of the day ppl, get real. Anytime someone reports a story M$ is not doing something right with the 360 or a problem might arise, ppl all quick to say Bullshit. Perfect example, the insider who said that NXE could be problems for the 360. What were alot of the responses? "bullshit, its not a reliable source, why doesnt he reveal himself cuz hes lying, ect". Wow talk about LOVE for the 360. Why doesnt he reveal himself? Im not even gonna bother touching that one. So stupid. Look, NXE is cool and Netflix is a nice bonus. If you cant find ONE movie through the selection, well then bub go watch on your pc or better yet just stream em to ur 360 with orb or something. This issue is likely gonna get resolved, so calm down ppl. The 360 is not now a paper weight due a few movies missing from netflix.

spurs2k5

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(ubiman @ Nov 23 2008, 12:11 AM) View Post

I love people like you who like to complain about the people who complain. Who ironic.

Not complaining, just pointing out the obvious.

jimk72

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »

Maybe sony knows more about gaming systems than other studios and realizes the 360 has been hacked. They might be worried that people could duplicate the movies and save them to thier PC drive. That is what would seem to make the most sense. They want to wait to make sure the 360 is secure. I still hate sony for the Blu-ray payoff scam but am not jumping to conclusions about something after it has been released for such a short time. Or maybe their PS3 is in the works of streaming netflix and sony is holding off so it has an advantage. After all they need something to justify the price. Atleast it plays Blu-ray movies, aside from that it seems useless.

The funny thing is MS has said all along the future is in direct DL from services like Netflix and now it is happening. Let me think, go out and spend $400+ for a PS3 and then re-buy your movies to get them in HD or just turn on your 360 and watch them anytime you want. The quality will improve and more titles will become avail. At the rate Blu-ray is catching on it will be a dead technology before it even gets to the avarage consumer. Unless you are loaded with money I would stay far away from anything Blu-ray. I hope sony can justify all the money they spent on playing off companies to make Blu-ray the standard. Maybe if they would have took some of that to make games for the PS3 it would be selling as a game system instead of a Blu-ray player.

As for the added costs of the NXE+Netflix. I have been a netflix subscriber for over a year for the dvds in the mail. I bought my 360 for games and it has tons of kick azz ones, so this new feature is free for me. Just one more reminder that I made the right choice with the 360.

man_the_king

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(jimk72 @ Nov 23 2008, 09:47 AM) View Post
Let me think, go out and spend $400+ for a PS3 and then re-buy your movies to get them in HD or just turn on your 360 and watch them anytime you want..... Maybe if they would have took some of that to make games for the PS3 it would be selling as a game system instead of a Blu-ray player.

Oh you mean you don't have to pay EACH TIME you want to watch it on your 360?

As for that no-PS3-games, THAT'S WHAT identifies you as a 360 fanboy, and not just a fan. The no-PS3-games is a little last-to-last year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3