xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bluray Vc1 .m2ts Files To Wmv-hd Vc1 Files  (Read 65 times)

Valver

• Archived User
Bluray Vc1 .m2ts Files To Wmv-hd Vc1 Files
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »

I've done a search of this forum but couldn't find what I wanted...  

I want to take my 1080p source video straight off a BluRay, and one surround sound audio track (I know I can rip out any others easily) and with the minimum amount of re-encoding, end up with an X360 compatible WMV HD

I can already rip my BluRay movies to my PCs HDD fine using AnyDVD HD.

I can then find the large .m2ts file which is the movie I want.

Internally I know that the video in my .m2ts is in VC-1 format... which as I understand it is the same video format as in WMV-HD.

So surely there must be a way of simply "re-containering" the video into a wmv file?  I do not want to change the films rez or bitrate or do any re-encoding if I can help it!  I don't care about the eventual wmvs file size at all!  If its 20Gbs big, so be it.

Am I missing something?

I understand I'll probably have to de-mux the audio and then stick it back in again - and I can find tutorials that seem to describe that step.  But is there a quick way, without touching the video quality at all, to swap from a vc-1 .m2ts to a vc-1 .wmv hd?

Does the 360 have a maximum bitrate it can handle that's going to kill this idea stone dead?

Any help appreciated.

This post has been edited by Valver: Oct 22 2008, 04:33 PM

Rodoga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »

Use eac3to - audio conversion tool to make an mkv file.

MTS file to MKV file, video part like this.
eac3to feature_1.mts(+feature_2.mts) movie.mkv -stripPulldown

Load the mkv file with ASF Multiplexer 1.0 demo, select an output file (ex. movie.wmv) and start muxing.

No compression excellent quality.

Now you have a wmv video file.

Create audio (wma) by muxing the preferred audio ripped with eac3to into the mkv file( or a separate mka/mkv file with just the audiofile, much faster if you can get it to work). Load it in Windows Media Encoder, make your own 5.1 audio profile with desired bitrate. Choose audio encode only, no video.
(tip: install AC3Filter and set it to 5.1 output sound if you haven't got it installed already)

Now you have a wmv file and a wma file. Mux it with Windows media stream editor. Voila!

This works for me, with excellent quality, streams perfectly to my xbox 360.

Valver

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »

Excellent, thanks for the info.  I shall give that a go!

I knew someone on here would know smile.gif