xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tversity Server Not Showing Up With Shared Connection  (Read 44 times)

retardbud

• Archived User
Tversity Server Not Showing Up With Shared Connection
« on: September 07, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »

I downloaded tversity for the first time today on my laptop because I want to watch mkv files on my 360, how ever when I go to the video blade the xbox doesn't see my pc at all. I turned off WMP 11 sharing, put the ip adress of the lan connection into the general settings menu in tversity, and turned off the firewall and still nothing. When I go try to stream from WMP 11 it works flawlessly. And when I plug my 360 into the router and try to stream tversity on my other pc (no ICS connection) the 360 recognizes it and everything works fine. The only thing I can think of is that port 41952 is not forwarded, but I am not sure if it should be open in firewall or the router, and I do not know how to check what ports are open or how open them in my firewall (kaspersky internet security 8.0.0357)

My Xbox 360 is connected to my laptop through an ICS connection and the laptop is connected to a wireless router.

Help is greatly appreciated as I have spent nearly the whole day trying to get this thing to work.

P.S. I'm using WinXP SP2