xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Streaming From Wmp11 Keeps 'sticking' After The First Play  (Read 242 times)

chris9620

• Archived User
Streaming From Wmp11 Keeps 'sticking' After The First Play
« on: June 26, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »

Hi!

I'm using Windows Media Player 11 to stream media from my XP PC to my 360, using the wireless network adapter, but I'm having some trouble with it.

Every time I play a video clip (Say, a music video for example) then it works fine the first time, then the network seems to drop for any subsequent media playing - I can't watch any videos, music or view pictures at all from that point on, I have to restart my PC, re configure file sharing on it, then it works again... but just once again!

Anyone have any info that could help me? I am wondering if its perhaps something to do with my firewall settings (I use McAfee, but I've opened the ports that XBOX says to, it made no difference) but I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks for any help you can give. I'm willing to use an alternative to WMP11 if there are any that allow video, audio and pictures. (I used to use TVersity before the fall update, but it wouldn't run pictures!)