xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Software Do You Use To Encode Your Divx/xvid Files For Your 360?  (Read 53 times)

jev3gs

• Archived User

Well I am not 100% sure, but for starters I believe you need the AC3 Filter installed.  I know you need it for sure if you want to use it with AutoGK.  That might be why you are getting audio problems.

You mentioned you want to do either 480P or 720P recordings.  One piece of advice, ANY Divx/Xvid file that is over 2GB with DD 5.1 sound will tend to stutter every few minutes over the xbox (if you do MP3 2 channel sound you can have file sizes larger than 2GB with no stuttering).  The reason I mention that is because if you plan on doing 480P video's under 2GB, they will look good and play fine.  I would imagine doing the same at 720P wouldn't come out to well.  If you want that resolution you are better off encoding to WMV.  I don't think there is a limit for WMV has a I have an 8.5GB video that plays at 720P at 5.1 without a problem.

Settings you really don't have tinker much with AutoGK if that is what you use.  If you pick a file size or quality that is over 1GB I believe AutoGK automatically does it at 5.1 sound.  I hope this helps out a little