xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Another Manufacturer Says Xbox 360 Blu-ray Coming This Year  (Read 379 times)

newfie4ever

• Archived User
Another Manufacturer Says Xbox 360 Blu-ray Coming This Year
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »

I can see MS doing this very easily just to get the customers and sales (if the price is good). They can put a blu-ray player in the new systems and still not have to make games on blu-ray, just make sure the blu-ray player plays the games currently out now and in the future.

I would still rather buy a xbox 360 (with blu-ray capability for movies) then buy a PS3.

I have both systems and my personal feelings is the xbox 360 is a far better gaming system. With the addition of a blu-ray player you would have it all.

I think its a smart move for them (if this is true). They could do some serious damage to the PS3 sales this year or whenever it comes out, as long as it is comparable in price.

Just my 2 cents.

Jagosix

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »

HFG. I won't Believe any of this Blu-Ray crap unless M$ makes a final statement saying so. I have my house networked so I can stream DVD, DIVX, avi, xvid, & Blu-ray ..etc.. from my pc. Less wear & tear on my X360 DVD drive. Also you can use an external USB drive. I have used the 500Gb & 1TB drives loaded with Multimedia files. Some of you should try it.

halcyonx12

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »

Hoyt, if developers aren't taking advantage of the hard disk even though pretty much every 360 has one, I doubt that they would start making blu-ray games for the 360.  When the HD-DVD drive came out for the 360, MS said that they would never use it for games, so it will probably be the same if there ever is a Blu-Ray drive for the 360.

MS doesn't really need another SKU either.  I don't really understand the people who buy another 360 just to have a hardware refresh.  Yeah, it's disappointing that the 360 is so noisy, but I doubt that will change so much.  Even if they quiet down the fans, they still have to have a high speed DVD drive and it's difficult to have those running at full speed and be silent.  It's just not worth spending money on another console just to get a slightly less silent one.  If you find it that bad, a simple trick is just to put your 360 behind the TV (if you have a flat one) and that alone will occlude a lot of the sound.  Just live with it I guess.

ausmods

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »

Ill believe this when i see it... Theres too much bullshit going around with M$ denying blu-ray drives, then other companies saying their being told by M$ to make them, and so on...

Merkaba

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(chronno @ May 2 2008, 04:58 PM) View Post

Hell, R* wasn't even able to make it an optional install.

What do u think the game is doing for 2 minutes before the loading screen even pops up :-p

Nutstool

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »

I watch DVD's on my 360 frequently and use it for streaming media as well. I can't honestly say that the noise has ever bothered me. I mean I know it's loud and my PS3 is quieter but I tend to get so interested in what I'm watching that I don't notice it.

Would point out though that I am moving more towards the PS3 for watching DVD's due to the upscaling. The 360 is still tops for streaming media though!

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »

this would be great for MS and for the consumers as it would take away a major reason for some to consider the PS3...i would definitely pick up one to have another 360 around the house...

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jagosix @ May 3 2008, 04:18 AM) View Post

I have used the 500Gb & 1TB drives loaded with Multimedia files. Some of you should try it.

Exactly what I do.  I have an external 1TB hdd that is hooked up to my elite through USB and its loaded with a bunch of tv shows in MP4 format and a bunch of movies in WMV/VC1 format.  Works great when you format the drive with macdrive to HFS+ so the 360 will allow files larger then 4 gigs to be played  biggrin.gif

madsci1016

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(warbeast @ May 2 2008, 09:38 PM) View Post

i agree that internal is most likely never going to happen! just because hddvd is dead doesnt mean ms wants to make a whole new sku. one reason would be it would confuse idoits that know nothing about hd and just want to buy a games console  ms wont want new idoits going to sony because they cant work out what 360 they need lol

then theres the customers that brought the hddvd drive i'm sure after the upset of it dieing they would rather just buy a new addon then a whole new 360 its kind of like them saying yh ur hddvd drive is dead guess what so is ur 360 now so best you buy a new one with blue ray! and would they?  after everything  my money is on these customers going to sony

so i think as a company if they do release blue ray its going to be an addon to tell customers we couldnt help what happed but we will do are best to keep you happy lol

Wasn't making the argument of internal over external, just that they are going to pick at least one or be left behind in terms of the next media distribution standard.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2020, 05:03:00 AM »

Remember whenever MS denies something, most likely they are actually working on it.  Example remember they claimed there would be no HDMI xbox 360?

jdsony

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2020, 02:28:00 PM »

Well if they do make it external PLEASE don't make it like the HD-DVD drive. I can't even begin to comprehend what was going through the designers heads with that. "I know, let's make it look like the 360 but turn it 90 degrees so the front is like the side! YEAH GREAT IDEA!".

chronno

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Merkaba @ May 3 2008, 04:01 PM) View Post

What do u think the game is doing for 2 minutes before the loading screen even pops up :-p

I don't know, maybe loading the textures into memory just like GTA SA?  If it was an install than you wouldn't have to sit threw that every time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]