xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Netflix Confirms Xbox 360 Surveys  (Read 77 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Netflix Confirms Xbox 360 Surveys
« on: March 25, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | March 25 23:56 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From xbox360fanboy.com:

Just over a month ago, it came to light that online movie rental behemoth Netflix was surveying its customers about the possibility of streaming movies to their Xbox 360s. Fast forward to March 2008 (i.e. now) and Netflix spokesman Steve Swasey has confirmed the existence of the survey and thrown a little more fuel onto the speculation fire. Specifically, Swasey did not confirm whether or not there is a pending deal between Microsoft and Netflix to provide a movie streaming service, but he did say that the company wants consumers to obtain its movies "in as many ways as possible."

Full Story: xbox360fanboy.com | reuters.com

thief

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »

DRM- Disaster Ready to Mame your box! YUK!  ohmy.gif

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »

<Homer Simpson>
Internet, eh?
</Homer Simpson>

I'm kinda curious about it, though I'm sure I already know all the answeres anyway. Nice to see some competition able to use the XBL venue. I wonder if they may start putting music elements into place (like itunes or something) that would enable independent artists and labels to submit music for sale as well at some point in the future. Would be nice, at least...

thief

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(xtriker @ Mar 26 2008, 07:00 PM) View Post

@^^ Why is that? because I'm really interested in that service.

Sounds good...but with the problems exposed when users forfeit their faulty 360, full of downloads, for an MS repaired unit, where the download content is now useless because DRM has tied it to the original box, and with MS clearly stating that they will NOT transfer license data for downloadable content to the new boxes, are you going to pay for the service????

I know I won't.

jowaldo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

I would easily renew my netflix account if they did this, and bumped up their catalog of movies for it a bit