xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1080p .mp4 Problem **help  (Read 90 times)

cod4fan

• Archived User
1080p .mp4 Problem **help
« on: March 20, 2008, 11:48:00 PM »

Ok I was able to convert my mkv (1080p) to mp4 by splitting the mkv with mkvmerge then I extracted the ac3 and the h264, then changed the ac3s to aac lc or whatever its called then changed the h264 to 4.1 and mixed to h264 and aacs with yamb, then burnt both halves of shooter to a DL and when I pop it in the movie loads but there is massive ppixelation.

Anyone have ideas, the bitrate is under 10mbs and the size of each half is under 4GB

wallace4793

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »

Hi

This happens whenever ive usd the gotsent method, apparently it works with some files but in my experience it hasnt. Use the chris lynch/impimin method, it long and tedious and requires a recode but at least it works :-)

churchie04

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »

From my experience, even if the total bitrate is under 10mbps, you can still run into problems.

Basically, if the decode buffer gets any larger than 12mb then the file will show up pixelated on the 360. If you have a PS3 nearby, you can try the same file and it will probably just show a black screen. So more than likely even if the bitrate is low enough there are probably too many reference frames in the file causing the buffer to be to large for the 360 to handle. Only option is to re-encode.

This info comes straight from Sentry23 (the creator of GotSent). I had problem files as you describe and that's what he told me was the problem.