xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ballmer: 'We'll support Blu-ray'  (Read 159 times)

Arch0n

• Archived User
Ballmer: 'We'll support Blu-ray'
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(spamenigma @ Mar 9 2008, 03:48 AM) View Post
All this pissing around is getting boring...

Two faced lying wankers!! is all I can say...
LOL Yup they do the 'deny it up to the point of release' bullshit a fair bit.

If you're like me you probably know at least two or three mates that are casual games and a handful of families that have bought the PS3 simply for it being a cheap BR player and a gaming machine second.

These people are not going to buy another console. They're too apathetic about the whole gaming thing.

I'm predicting a big growth in the PS3 as this second tier market gets carved up PS3,Wii, 360 in that order, which is going to trigger the release of an external BR player for the 360.

Odds are it has already been discussed and (semi) costed.

Secondary prediction: some random windows BR capability will be used to test the waters with BR licensing - to take the brunt of and downplay the 'OMG M$ are licensing BR!!!11 ...BACKFLIP' press. From there we'll see a BR addon show up (we won't see an internal drive until the next console).

- shout out ot my magic 8 ball: thx man couldn't have done this post without you

punktilend

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »

well for the whole blu-ray on a windows system ive been using blu-ray for video back up and storage at my job now for the past year, mainly for obvious reasons (large storage). I work for a news station and all are editing bays have blu-ray drives up and running for the last year, with no problems what so ever also.

sjlee

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »

Blu-ray internal drives have been available for PCs for a while... so nothing new there.  In addition, internal Blu-ray (read-only) drives are relatively cheap... $200.

Having an external Blu-ray drive for the 360 is definitely possible... the only thing MS would have to do is have decoding software available for the 360.
Pages: 1 [2]