xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Blu-ray Xbox 360 Planned By Microsoft as Early as May?  (Read 589 times)

lcprove

• Archived User
Blu-ray Xbox 360 Planned By Microsoft as Early as May?
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 01:47:00 AM »

dear denverdallas

why are you on this forum?  really i should ask myself the same question since there is no way i will be buying a blu-ray addon for the 360 since i already own a ps3 but i just like reading xbox scene.  anyways, you really must be unintelligent stating what i have or haven't done.  truth is i own almost every game system made for the past 15 years and have indeed watched movies on both the 360 addon and the ps3.  i use the 42hl167 (42" toshiba regza) for everything.  if you negate the supposed green problems with this tv (i've had none and use custom color configurations) then you'd see my tv is just fine.  my ID on the PS3 network is the same as on my 360, MONEYandHOS.  you need to go troll elsewhere.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 02:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(denverdallas @ Feb 18 2008, 02:57 AM) View Post

Oooo... a typo on my part. Oh well. I'm still right and you are still wrong.

Back to the topic then. HD-DVD is inferior and has lost the fight against the superior Blu-Ray format. No matter what you say, Microsoft backed a loser. They knew it would lose, and still continued to deceive their customers.

Guess you'll need to ask mommy to buy you a real console now.

Are you one of those people who by mindlessly repeating something over and over you convince yourself you're right?  "I know I'm right...I know I'm right...."  With every idiotic post you make it just keeps digging yourself deeper and shows exactly what kind of person you are. A $ony fanboy.

QUOTE(denverdallas @ Feb 18 2008, 02:57 AM) View Post

Yep, it is. Trust me, I am right. I don't need to explain why, as you are so obviously wrong that it's not worth my time.

Arrogance at its finest.  You're right, you don't need to explain why, because you can't.  Go crawl back under your bridge...I'm sick of arguing with you, I'm beating you so badly it is getting pathetic...Maybe join the local debate club and try to brush up on your skills. laugh.gif

Hack_kid

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 02:17:00 AM »

to denverdallas

Oh about your stupid fanboy rant about not having DTS, umm you ever pressed START and gone to the Advanced Settings Tab you can pick DTS DD DD+ DDTrueHD DD 2.1 and PCM. So go fuck yourself

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 02:25:00 AM »

This thread is full of nothing but rubbish between you all. By the way calling someone a MOFO in here twice gets you in strife.
Drop it now and debate sensibly the issue or the thread gets closed. there is nothing in it but childish fighting anyway.
Make points from either view but be respectful and clear.

On Topic.
I can see MS doing this. Why would they not? The cost will be a factor (Retail cost).
Just as I said in the earlier thread it is amazing how many people that say they would never support BR will buy this drive and do exactly that.
I hope it comes off, it will help drive prices down if it is pitched at a reasonable level.

No more petty name calling please smile.gif

Glitch Lord

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 02:44:00 AM »

i hope they make it internal coz that would be sweet and i can get a new 360 from microsoft with it smile.gif

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 03:04:00 AM »

Just plug out that HD-DVD laser and put in the nice Blu one and there we go, the "BRAND NEW" Xbox 360 Blu-Ray add-on!!

Still happy with my DVDs thanks.  I haven't seen HD films take off in Europe at all

andi_06

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 03:40:00 AM »

Microsoft see the HD format battle moving online with consumers offered 1080p movie and content files as a download

Not sure if anyone is from australia here, but I cant see that as a possibility in this continent anytime soon.
Adsl2 + is only just rolling out and the download caps per month along with price is outrageous.

jdconn01

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 03:57:00 AM »

Maybe now MS will push more for their online content to download.  Personally I just download HD content anyway so this news doesn't effect me as much.  
 pop.gif

bassquake

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 04:58:00 AM »

The external drive better have updateable firmware to get profile updates seeing as the bluray's specs still arent finalised.  dry.gif

erexx

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2008, 05:06:00 AM »

"Microsoft see the HD format battle moving online with consumers offered 1080p movie and content files as a download"

This is just one of the more misleading things these people constantly repeat.
There is no way DLC can penetrate as deeply into the market as removable media can.

There are many differences in what can be done and cannot be done with both.

They dont compete.
They compliment.

Sorry HD-DVD lost.
Its an equal but unlucky format.

hawkolugy

• Recovered User
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2008, 05:26:00 AM »

How is this going to work with the Xbox 360's that do not support hdmi? Will it let you output 1080p through component? I really doubt the blu camp will allow it...as that was one of the things I liked about the HD-DVD addon it allowed 1080p over component.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2008, 05:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(bassquake @ Feb 18 2008, 12:34 PM) View Post

The external drive better have updateable firmware to get profile updates seeing as the bluray's specs still arent finalised.  dry.gif

The output and supported profiles would be handled by the console itself. The drive itself will just be a USB connected external drive. The second mistake with the HD-DVD addon was it was unnecessarily bulky. Given the size of the PS3 and Wii drive assembly, there's no reason to make it this big. Create a slim unit and you'll make it much more appealing. Having said this, I still don't think I'd buy one - I think it'll be severely overpriced and if I'm going to have another bulky unit sat next to the 360, it may as well be a PS3.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 06:47:00 AM »

I already have my Blu-Ray player, a PS3 biggrin.gif

Seriously none of this news is confirmed yet so don't hold on to your guns just yet.

zX_Storm

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »

Aww. This is funny. Guess Microsoft can't use PS3 featuring Blu-ray against them anymore, haha.

troyBORG

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »

I really hope this is true also.  And hopefully it will be a good price and not as overly expensive as stand-alone Blu-Ray players!

Its going to take me forever to remember that is is "Blu-Ray" and not "Blue-Ray"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5