xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Blu-ray Xbox 360 Planned By Microsoft as Early as May?  (Read 592 times)

88 Ecko Unltd 88

• Archived User
Blu-ray Xbox 360 Planned By Microsoft as Early as May?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »

great news i just wonder how much it will be when it starts selling.. probly what the hd-dvd add on started at . at least i hope  biggrin.gif

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »

No point in combo drives, HD DVD is dead. An add-on Blu-Ray drive (as long as it's cheap, and it should be since I just saw a combo Blu-Ray/HD-DVD PC drive for $220) would be great, and would probably hurt PS3 sales pretty significantly. Good thing it wouldn't have to be a Sony-branded add-on.

denverdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(gsharpshooter @ Feb 17 2008, 10:09 PM) View Post

FUCK U SONY i think ill stick on the titanic like that guy who ....

Some advice.....

Learn to spell.
Learn to punctuate.
Learn grammar.

Learn to be a good loser. HD-DVD is dead as 30% of XBox 360s.

ZakMcRofl

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 11:54:00 PM »

I might have believed that rumour if it wouldn't include the "built-in" part. Microsoft has denied this so many times now and I highly doubt they would experiment with that on such an early state.
I mean we know for roughly a month now that HD-DVD will fail and they expect us to believe that Microsoft is already working on a 360 with an included BluRay-drive - while we don't even have one with HD-DVD yet.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(gsharpshooter @ Feb 17 2008, 10:09 PM) View Post

FUCK U SONY i think ill stick on the titanic like that guy who made it and sunk down with it rather then go alive to the surface of the water. jack u and rose will have to get away from bluray u are hd dvd now go and make hddvds and pass them on like u did in that vehicle nd foged up the windows lmao sorry if this sounds confusing but if u have seen the movie and use ur imagination a bit im sure half of u will know what i mean  biggrin.gif

Well, if you watch the sequel, you'll notice that Jack survives, albeit in an unexpected manner.

denverdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 12:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(MaulerX @ Feb 18 2008, 01:28 AM) View Post

Don't be an idiot. The HD-DVD addon plays movies in full 1080p. Why would a Blu-ray addon play in
"low definition"?     blink.gif

And while high but unofficial, the latest report has tha failure rate at about 16%. Not your exagerated fugure.
Learn some facts.

Don't be an idiot. Do your research. While the XBox360 outputs 1080p, the quality is so bad that any real movie buff can't help but comment on how bad it looks compared to the PS3 or any component HD-DVD or blu-ray player. Check the home theatre forums.

"Occasionally, the Xbox's output would slap us in the face with an ugly interlacing artifact. A brick wall in chapter 7 of Mission: Impossible 3, for example, looked especially annoying, vibrating in a way that brick walls most certainly shouldn't.

Video output was badly overscanned, meaning that movies were slightly cut off at the sides of the screen. And when I popped in a wide-screen standard-definition DVD, the image looked squeezed

The Xbox is also lacking in its audio support. Microsoft says the player can decode a variety of audio formats--Linear PCM, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus--and it outputs audio only as Dolby Digital or PCM. "

Failure rates ... 30%. 16%. Still astonishingly high, compared to the PS3 < 1% failure rate.

Oh well, I guess that's the difference between a real console and a Microsoft kiddie toy.

QUOTE(ZakMcRofl @ Feb 18 2008, 02:30 AM) View Post

I might have believed that rumour if it wouldn't include the "built-in" part.

Microsoft knew HD-DVD was doomed from the start. By making it a plug-in option, they didn't commit themselves. Now they get the chance to sell a whole new set of plug-in drives.

How to make money and screw your customers the American way....

krawhitham

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(denverdallas @ Feb 18 2008, 07:12 AM) View Post

Considering what a poor quality HD player the XBOX360 is, why would you want to buy an external blu-ray drive just so it can play back blu-ray discs in low definition?

Get a real blu-ray player. Get a PS3.
Some advice.....

Learn to spell.
Learn to punctuate.
Learn grammar.

Learn to be a good loser. HD-DVD is dead as 30% of XBox 360s.

Better go buy yourself some new cords

The HD-DVD looks just as good as the A3 but with quicker load times

denverdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 12:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(krawhitham @ Feb 18 2008, 02:52 AM) View Post

Better go buy yourself some new cords

The HD-DVD looks just as good as the A3 but with quicker load times

Sorry, but you are absolutely wrong. The statement above shows that you have no idea what makes a good video image, so I guess the XBox360 HD-DVD player is perfect for you.

And since the A3 can only do 1080i, not 1080p......

Kiddie toys....

It's hard being right all the time.

denverdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(MaulerX @ Feb 18 2008, 03:08 AM) View Post

YOU ARE THE IDIOT with your original biased and Fanboyish comment that a Blu-Ray addon would be
"low definition".   Why the fuck does it bother you that M$ is being commpetitive??  Uh mofo??
You are an obvious SONY crab (look at your effing post count) and proved it with your idiodic
"Oh well, I guess that's the difference between a real console and a Microsoft kiddie toy." comment.

Ooooo... guess I've been put in my place then.

Doesn't bother me at all that "M$" is being "commpetitive". Lots of room for kiddie toy makers in the world. Just don't try to tell me that Microsoft is making real home theatre quality gear. It's not, and never has.

Perhaps it's not so hard being right all the time....

lcprove

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 12:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(denverdallas @ Feb 18 2008, 02:50 AM) View Post

Don't be an idiot. Do your research. While the XBox360 outputs 1080p, the quality is so bad that any real movie buff can't help but comment on how bad it looks compared to the PS3 or any component HD-DVD or blu-ray player. Check the home theatre forums.

"Occasionally, the Xbox's output would slap us in the face with an ugly interlacing artifact. A brick wall in chapter 7 of Mission: Impossible 3, for example, looked especially annoying, vibrating in a way that brick walls most certainly shouldn't.

Video output was badly overscanned, meaning that movies were slightly cut off at the sides of the screen. And when I popped in a wide-screen standard-definition DVD, the image looked squeezed

The Xbox is also lacking in its audio support. Microsoft says the player can decode a variety of audio formats--Linear PCM, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus--and it outputs audio only as Dolby Digital or PCM. "

Failure rates ... 30%. 16%. Still astonishingly high, compared to the PS3 < 1% failure rate.

Oh well, I guess that's the difference between a real console and a Microsoft kiddie toy.
Microsoft knew HD-DVD was doomed from the start. By making it a plug-in option, they didn't commit themselves. Now they get the chance to sell a whole new set of plug-in drives.

there is no difference in picture quality between the ps3 and the xbox 360 hd-dvd addon, it just depends on the movie itself. i have watched many movies on each and must say every movie i've seen on hd-dvd looked superb while some movies on blu-ray didn't look so hot. transformers on hd-dvd looks awesome but so does the spiderman trilogy on bd. if you think movies the 360 addon looks bad either your tv sux or you have some bad hd-dvd movies.

denverdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 12:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Devedander @ Feb 18 2008, 03:13 AM) View Post

(BTW the commonly accepted term for not high definition is standard definition).  You only make yourself annoying, not believeable, when you spout off about something at least somewhat technical while proving how little you really know or understand the situation.

Oh boy. How simple it is to destroy you. "Standard definition" is 480i, 480p, 576i or 576p, depending on PAL or NTSC. Since the XBox outputs 760 or 1080, it is outputing high definition. The problem is that it's output is so bad that the best you can call it is low definition. The problems with the video output degrade the image.

Simple as that.

I'm right again.

QUOTE(lcprove @ Feb 18 2008, 03:13 AM) View Post

there is no difference in picture quality between the ps3 and the xbox 360 hd-dvd addon, it just depends on the movie itself. i have watched many movies on each and must say every movie i've seen on hd-dvd looked superb while some movies on blu-ray didn't look so hot. transformers on hd-dvd looks awesome but so does the spiderman trilogy on bd. if you think movies the 360 addon looks bad either your tv sux or you have some bad hd-dvd movies.

Yeah, sure. Another HD-DVD defender who has not watched either format on a good display. Your statements prove that.

QUOTE(MaulerX @ Feb 18 2008, 03:18 AM) View Post

Read the other posts. I'm not the only one putting you in your place you
"low definition" mofo.

No, but you are right up there with other members of the ignorant crowd. You are just so wrong that it's hard to know where to start.

I'll make it simple for you. I am right and you are wrong. Trying to explain it any more fully would be like trying to explain relativity to a monkey. You will never understand, so why would I waste my time trying.

mofo???? Did you really use that term? I didn't think anyone actually used that term in real life.

biseroner

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 01:01:00 AM »

Why is this guy here in the xbox forum? But anyways if M$ brings out Blu Ray, that will be good for business. I have a PS3 and all I do on it is watch Movies on it and thats it. I own 2 games. I just have it so when they hack it I want homebrew.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 01:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(denverdallas @ Feb 18 2008, 02:22 AM) View Post

Oh boy. How simple it is to destroy you. "Standard definition" is 480i, 480p, 576i or 576p, depending on PAL or NTSC. Since the XBox outputs 760 or 1080, it is outputing high definition. The problem is that it's output is so bad that the best you can call it is low definition. The problems with the video output degrade the image.

Simple as that.

I'm right again.

A tad arrogant aren't we?  Especially for not even knowing the Xbox 360 outputs in 720p and 1080i/p, not 760...

I love it when some clueless kid comes here and dashes off a couple paragraphs trying to argue their point.  That's great, except you don't provide ANY proof whatsoever to back up your stance. None at all, so apparently your word is as good as gold, or you're simply a Sony fan boy who feels the need to prove everyone wrong.

The greatest irony would be you replying to this post with either "...go to the home theater forums..." or more senseless dribble with no sources to back it up.

No one likes a troll, especially an arrogant one. wink.gif Grow up.

Mhawk134

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(denverdallas @ Feb 18 2008, 01:50 AM) View Post

This is why your on an Xbox 360 forum, and not in the PS3 section.

Hawk

denverdallas

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 01:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheIrishLad @ Feb 18 2008, 03:38 AM) View Post

A tad arrogant aren't we?  Especially for not even knowing the Xbox 360 outputs in 720p and 1080i/p, not 760...

Oooo... a typo on my part. Oh well. I'm still right and you are still wrong.

Back to the topic then. HD-DVD is inferior and has lost the fight against the superior Blu-Ray format. No matter what you say, Microsoft backed a loser. They knew it would lose, and still continued to deceive their customers.

Guess you'll need to ask mommy to buy you a real console now.

QUOTE(MaulerX @ Feb 18 2008, 03:40 AM) View Post

Oooohhh   looky who we have here....  A Sony fanboy in an Xbox forum. Fighting tooth and nail for
what he thinks he knows.  Only that the more he speaks the more he proves to the world how big
of a Sony crab (little critters that live in pubic hair) he is. Perhaps proving that he is talking directly
from Mr. Kutaragi's crotch.

Put in my place again.... I'm crying here... with laughter. I love being right all the time. Just how old are you? 14? 16 at the most.

QUOTE(TheIrishLad @ Feb 18 2008, 03:38 AM) View Post

so apparently your word is as good as gold,

Yep, it is. Trust me, I am right. I don't need to explain why, as you are so obviously wrong that it's not worth my time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5