xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wal-Mart to Go Blu-ray Exclusive  (Read 174 times)

Fluid_Matrix

• Archived User
Wal-Mart to Go Blu-ray Exclusive
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(ironopolis @ Feb 15 2008, 04:26 PM) View Post

Jesus man how many nails does this coffin have?

I'm getting sick to death of this crap. grr.gif

Same here. I just wish Toshiba would formally drop the format. I've had an HD-A2 since the "Secret" sale last Nov. I already have 35+ movies to go with it. I don't own a single BD movie. But, even I realize that it's time to pull the plug. I know I will eventually have to buy a BD player, but not until the prices come down a little. I didn't buy into HD because of a dislike of Sony, but because it was cheaper to get into the BD.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »

I still have a hard time believing anyone actually thought HD-DVD was ever going to win anyway.

Like I said from day one. No format that didn't have Disney ever had a chance to win.

Flagg3

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(steveju @ Feb 15 2008, 06:54 PM) View Post

How about full rate ADSL2+ (24mbit) that's avail. right now and DVD+DL media to store the movies on (8GB)?

I've had 50mbit FIOS for over a year now, so these speeds aren't unheard of.

pant

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »

haha what I see is xbox360+blueray=screw ps3*2

stircrazie

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »

microsoft sucks big juicy dick. like every xbox360 owner. now let me go and watch a blue ray movie on my ps3. ha ha ha

PirateElf

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 02:31:00 AM »

sad.gif  I guess it was time that sony had a format that won, but it's very disappointing that HD seems to be dead. Hopefully the format of Blu-ray will die a quick death when someone creates a better product. Who knows HD-DVD2 ? Either way Blu-ray is not a format I would own stock in. Over priced garbage, lack of control, undecided specs, profiles, the list goes on and on. Enjoy your Blu-ray, I'll look for alternatives.

richiecaf

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Fluid_Matrix @ Feb 16 2008, 12:20 AM) View Post

Same here. I just wish Toshiba would formally drop the format. I've had an HD-A2 since the "Secret" sale last Nov. I already have 35+ movies to go with it. I don't own a single BD movie. But, even I realize that it's time to pull the plug. I know I will eventually have to buy a BD player, but not until the prices come down a little. I didn't buy into HD because of a dislike of Sony, but because it was cheaper to get into the BD.

http://www.reuters.c...627196120080216

You guys got your wish.  I just hope BD-ROM and eventually BD-RW eventually become reasonably affordable in the sometime near future.  It's obvious now that PS3 will be a clear winner against the 360 in the remaining years of this lifecycle, even if 360 supports a Bluray-Add-on, or the Opus or Valhalla versions have Bluray built in.  People need HD-players.  It's a given.  When a guy goes shopping and has to chose b/w a standalone and a PS3, then realizes he can get the PS3/BR Player for only $150-200 dollars more... duh.

On a side note, SONY now owns the industry of High defintion-optical media.  But people are downloading hd movies both legally and illegally, watching HD material on Netflix or whatever, cracking DRM AND breaking disc protection.  Look at ANYDVD.

See, On the plus side.  It's SONY!  Look at the PSP and how hackers totally dismantled that system.  It's a fairuse enthusiasts dream come true.  SONY will never be able to protect it's own media.  It's the video genre's cat and mouse.  And sony always seems to get itself pwn'd, just like M$ but M$ tries too hard.

The FUNERAL.  6 FREE HD-DVD's I just got yesterday.  2 that I bought.  KING KONG and the now defunct HD-DVD ROM Add-on, this generation's betamax.

A Fair Fight-  360 and PS3 both launch with their respective choices for HD-media support, at around the same time, both with internal drives, AND ALL MOVIE STUDIOS support both formats out the gate and aren't getting paid off to go exclusive.

Lezlyte

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »

I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to switch to supporting Blu....

Master Reefed

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »

"nation's top retailer"

thats a HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT!

HDDVD is now dead, another of Walmarts loooong list of casualties.

R.I.P. HD-DVD.

hmmm how much is the 360 blu-ray gonna cost?
Pages: 1 [2]