xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is Hd Dvd Loading/reading Really That Slow  (Read 66 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Is Hd Dvd Loading/reading Really That Slow
« on: February 07, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(dbrinch @ Feb 7 2008, 04:55 PM) View Post

I've just purchased the hd dvd add on and I noticed a significant loading time when watching a hd dvd.  is this normal or something wrong with my hd dvd unit?  thanks

That's normal. EVERY HD player (HD DVD or Blu-Ray) has slow loading times except the PS3 (cause it can use the power of the PS3). It's worst is when your starting it up for the first time. It's about 30 seconds on my A2 and A3 before it will even eject the tray (start by hitting eject). But once it's been on it will almost immediatly eject the disc when you hit the button and will only take about 15 seconds to load the disc.

dbrinch

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »

really getting quite annoyed, but it takes forever to read my disc.  waited for 5 minutes and still reading.  one trick i learned is to first insert  a regular dvd until it reads it (generally does in under 30 secs) and replace it with the hd dvd.  Then after a few clicks on the "A" button (while message Connect your HD DVD into the console), its ok.... is my hd dvd add on defective by any chance?

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »

It shouldn't take 5 minutes thats for sure. Try disconnecting your 360 from the internet (pull the cable) and see if that fixes it.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »

Definitely shouldn't take that long.  When I had my 360 and HD-DVD add-on from start up of the 360 to the time of actually putting in and loading up an HD-DVD took about 3 minutes at most.