xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can A Banned Console Get The Optional Media Update?  (Read 80 times)

Kr3at0r

• Archived User
Can A Banned Console Get The Optional Media Update?
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »

As the topic says my console is banned from xbox live.  I have several h.264 files that I wouldn't mind streaming to my TV, but I can't seem to get it to work.  When I try I get that screen telling me to update via xbox live.  Is there anyway I could download that update to a CD/USB drive?

dbldown768

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 08:00:00 AM »

i believe its in the sticky in this forum, and no.

stoned24312

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 04:50:00 AM »

i think there is
grabbed this off a nzb site :

²³                         Xbox.LIVE.December.2007.Dashboard.Update-CotR               ³±
    ²³                                                                                     ³±
    ²³                              ReLeaSe         Xbox Live Dashboard                    ³±
    ²³                              TyPe            Update                                 ³±
    ²³                              Console         Xbox 360                               ³±
    ²³                              Source          Not Ours                               ³±
    ²³   http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/person...ystemupdate.htm    ³±
    ²³                                                                                     ³±
     É¼ËÍÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ
ÄÄÄÄÄÍËÈ»
    Èμ Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Èμ
    Èμ Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Èμ
     ÈÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄÍ»                                             ÉÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͼ
    ÉÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͼ                                             ÈÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄÍ»
    ÈÎ                                                                                     μ
    ²³                                    Installation                                     ³±
    ²³ 1) You'll need a USB Key or a CDR, DVDR                                             ³±
    ²³ 2) Copy $SystemUpdate and place on the ROOT of the device / disc                    ³±
    ²³ 3) USB - place the usb in the front of the xbox 360 and turn the power on , the     ³±
    ²³ unit will come on and then ask for a update                                         ³±
    ²³    DISC - turn the system on eject the dvd rom place the cd or dvd in the dvd rom   ³±
    ²³ and turn off the system. power cycle the unit and once started it will ask u if     ³±
    ²³ you want to update.                                                                 ³±
    ²³ How can i get the DIVX CODEC on my xbox 360                                         ³±
    ²³ 1) You need a device to connect your xbox 360 hard drive to the computer            ³±
    ²³ 2) Open your xbox 360 hard drive                                                    ³±
    ²³ 3) Go to Partition 3\Content\0000000000000000\FFFE07DF\00000002                     ³±
    ²³ 4) Place the file 69BCCCF6D6297BFB2AEE9EF626B46C8E22A4B672FF there                  ³±
    ²³ There is no way for you to get the DIVX codec on the 360 without having some device ³±
    ²³ for the xbox 360 hard drive.                                                        ³±
     É¼ËÍÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ
ÄÄÄÄÄÍËÈ»
     ÈÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄÍ»                                             ÉÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͼ
    ÉÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͼ                                             ÈÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄÍ»
    ÈÎ                                                                                     μ
    ²³ GROUP NOTE                                                                          ³±
    ²³ Some of the people we know tested it and confirmed that DivX, XviD and H.264 are    ³±
    ²³ working. All those features works only on X360 Harddrive. It wont work on Core      ³±
    ²³ system and/or Memory Card                                                           ³±
ÄÄÄÄÄÍËÈ»

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »

that is warez and is considered piracy. that is not allowed here. no there is no way to get the optional media update other than xbox LIVE. the update is linked to the console that is is downloaded to so a scene release will not help you.

you took the risk in being banned from xbox live. this is just one of the consequences. if you didnt want to loose any features then why risk it?

Militant

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(scuba156 @ Feb 16 2008, 03:22 PM) *

that is warez and is considered piracy. that is not allowed here. no there is no way to get the optional media update other than xbox LIVE. the update is linked to the console that is is downloaded to so a scene release will not help you.

you took the risk in being banned from xbox live. this is just one of the consequences. if you didnt want to loose any features then why risk it?

Preach from that soapbox brotha... PREECH IT!!!!

But how about checking your facts before you get on that soapbox mate.

I failed to see where he alluded to piracy.

He can update.  I have friends that were banned and they have updated.

But I guess what is really funny is you chose to reply to a question with a wrong answer and then chastise the poster for a choice they made.

Keep that in the back of your mind the next time you feel the need to spread your righteousness... is your righteousness right?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Militant @ Feb 17 2008, 04:31 PM) *

Preach from that soapbox brotha... PREECH IT!!!!

But how about checking your facts before you get on that soapbox mate.

Maybe you should take a lesson from your own book.

I failed to see where he alluded to piracy.

He alluded to piracy when he named the release group and included their .NFO, which cleary contains MS copywritten code.

He can update.  I have friends that were banned and they have updated.

Of course he can do the dash update if he is banned, this is common knowledge and can be performed in numerous ways without the need for scene releases.  What he and your friends cannot do, is add the divx support.  Despite what that .NFO says, it is not transferrable, in the same way that xbl downloaded games are not.

But I guess what is really funny is you chose to reply to a question with a wrong answer and then chastise the poster for a choice they made.

Keep that in the back of your mind the next time you feel the need to spread your righteousness... is your righteousness right?

Rather ironic isn't it.

emaborsa

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

Hi,
i have an XBoX, HD20GB. dash of december 07 updated with DVD. I’ve connected che HD to my PC, created the directory Content\000000000000000\FFFE07DF0000002 in partition 3, inserted the file 69BCCCF6D6297BFB2AEE9EF626B46C8E22A4B672FF, but it doesn’t work. Error 51-C00DF2. Please help me. Thx