xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Tutorial: Re-encode Hd-dvd/bluray (mkv Source) To Wvc1  (Read 1281 times)

chrislynch

• Archived User
Tutorial: Re-encode Hd-dvd/bluray (mkv Source) To Wvc1
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »

First off, I would like to thank impimpin206.  He authored a great tutorial on how to use TMPGEnc to re-encode HD-DVD/Bluray ripped MKV sources to WVC1 (WMV) in order to stream to the Xbox 360.  I have since come up with an updated process on how to accomplish the same thing.  I have also provided some additional information in the tutorial that some may view as unnecessary.  However, based on the rudimentary questions posed in his thread, I have included some basic information.

Please note that this tutorial is a work in progress, and will be updated.  I will *not* post the tutorial here, but rather a link to the Microsoft Office Word 2007 document.  As we all know, XS does not allow updating your posts.  I feel this is counter intuitive to forums, and this is a workaround I have come up with.

So, grab the latest version of the tutorial here.

NOTE:  If you are not using Microsoft Office 2007, and an older version you will need the Microsoft Office Converter Pack prior to opening my tutorial.

I will also post a tutorial in the upcoming weeks on how to rip your existing DVD's to WMV or Xvid.  I'm tossing around upscaling during the encode, but I have yet to find a process that I like and that produces a good quality encode.

Please, comment on my work here.  I will provide support as best as I can.  The search feature of this board is the first step all should take before asking questions.

Enjoy!   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

Utsi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »

Excellent tutorial, this is the new MKV bible! I'm glad there are people like you out there, thank you Chris! jester.gif  

This one should be pinned.

chrislynch

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »

v1.0.20080130.2 has been posted.  Same link as I have in the first post of this thread.

[EDIT]

DAMN IT!!

Of course, I go to upload the new version to Orbitfiles, and it generates a new URL.  Bastards.  I will email the admins of this forum to see if they can allow edit rights.

Here's the updated URL.
[/EDIT]

This post has been edited by chrislynch: Jan 31 2008, 02:45 AM

will2learn

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

Great tutorial-actually one of the best I've seen on this site or any other site for that matter.  Should definitely be pinned.  

will2learn smile.gif

bling20

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:42:00 PM »

awesome tutorial i finally got it working. Thanks again for all you help i will let you know how it turns out in about 17 hours

mickey797

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 06:25:00 AM »

Should be pinned!

Chris - Check your email!

latentpsycho

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »

Thanks alot, very appreciated!

This post has been edited by latentpsycho: Jan 31 2008, 06:41 PM

latentpsycho

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »

My only problem thus far is that I haven't been able to get a working mirror to download your format profiles. Any other mirrors besides those in the tutorial?

Thanks again

chrislynch

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »

Yep.  Here you go.  I just uploaded the profiles last night.  I didn't update the document yet, which reflects the Orbitfiles.com URL.

robert74

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »

This tutorial looks excelent.
Ill give it a shot with windows xp pro.

thanks!

This post has been edited by robert74: Jan 31 2008, 10:37 PM

johnnynuge

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »

Nice work chrislynch! smile.gif

chrislynch

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »

Thank you to all who have downloaded the document thus far.  I am curious on feedback you all have so far.

Just as a note, I am going on vacation here, and I will not have access to email, nor Internet, for over a week.  I will update my document while on vacation, and upload a new version when I get back.

robert74

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »

For some reason Im getting some jumpy video every 30 to 40 seconds. Im sure Im dropping some frames. Any help?

Thanks!

chrislynch

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(robert74 @ Feb 3 2008, 08:03 AM) View Post

For some reason Im getting some jumpy video every 30 to 40 seconds. Im sure Im dropping some frames. Any help?

Thanks!

Are you streaming the video to your 360?  If so, how?  Is your 360 wired or wireless?  Are you playing the final version on your PC, or on the 360?  Is it 720p, or 1080p content?

Please, if anyone runs into problems, the more information you can provide, the easier it will be for all of us to help you.  If you simply just post what robert74 did, that doesn't help me or anyone else, as there are multiple different things that can cause the above issue.

Also, please know that this is my last post of the day.  I am now on vacation.

imdickie

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(robert74 @ Feb 3 2008, 08:03 AM) View Post

I had the same issue and what I found was that anything that was encoded over 3000Kbps caused the stream to stutter every so often. Lately I've been encoding 1280 x 720 @ 3000Kbps and AC3 @ 384 and getting pretty good results. There were some video artifacts at first but then I started to do 2 pass encoding and they cleaned up right nice.

I am having a different issue. I have a .mkv file that is h264 video and 6 channel AAC audio but I cannot get the sound right. I've tried a number of ways Tmpeg being the latest but none working. When I use avidemux the audio channels switch the fl with c. When I use this method it only decodes 2 channel. I've tried to decode the AAC  files in to 6 mono waves and re-encode to AC3 but my timing is always off and it never matches up with the source video. Has anybody run into issues like that? If so what worked for you? Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20