xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Browsing Streamed Audio From Pc...  (Read 48 times)

jjx_303

• Archived User
Browsing Streamed Audio From Pc...
« on: January 19, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »

Hi All,

Am a big user of the streamed audio form my XP PC capability with XBOX 360 , but have some major grumbles re: with how Windows Media Player (WMP)\XBOX handles this process....
I manage all my tunes via itunes, and WMP is configured to stream that folder to Xbox. Have 250GB music.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here...or is this just rubbish coding from Microsoft.

1. Browse Times...
It take an age (upto 5 mins) from Xbox to read just the artists list down from WMP - fair enough I've got 250GB+ of music, but it almost as quick for me to find the CD\Vinyl as wait for WMP to stream what appear to be the whole list down to XBOX again.
...Why can't Microsoft cache the List on the XBOX, and download only updates????

2. WMP checking for Changes in Library Folder...
Microsoft's WMP auto checking for changes to my Library folder (particular with the size they are) is a real pain. It looks like everytime (from what services are running) I boot my PC it grinds it's way through all my folders looking for changes and additions.
...This may be okay for an average user with a small library but I'd prefer to either add the files manually to WMP Library or control when this process runs that grinds my machine to a halt at start up.

Any thoughts or similar observations re: how WMP handles this process...
Anyone aware of any improvements coming in next Xbox update or WMP version?

Thanks...
JJX