xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: iTunes HD Movie Rentals 1usd Less than XBL  (Read 347 times)

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
iTunes HD Movie Rentals 1usd Less than XBL
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »

waiting for your movie to download blows, but streaming video to a tv box blows even more

i predict a class action suit against appletv

i have downloaded a few tv shows on xbl and have been satisfied with the quality, but i will not be renting movies that way anytime soon

trey85stang

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 10:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(SkiFreak @ Jan 16 2008, 07:57 PM) *

Yes. This is Xbox-Scene. Not piracy-scene, not i'm-a-thief-scene, not i-steal-because-i-have-no-money-scene. Xbox-Scene. This site is here to support the development of innovative and new ways to use your game console. Case hacks, homebrew software, getting it to run linux. It is also here to help in making backups of games that you own.

you can say that all you want,  but it doesnt make it true.  I bet 99% of people here have obtained games illegally.

Andrew_Roy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(trey85stang @ Jan 17 2008, 02:42 AM) *

you can say that all you want,  but it doesnt make it true.  I bet 99% of people here have obtained games illegally.

Neither does saying that, make it true.

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 04:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(iwannadie @ Jan 16 2008, 01:21 PM) *

Everyone here seems to forget that theres a Whole world out there that doesnt play video games. Those people dont have nor will ever want a 360 or ps3. Those are the people that apple is targeting with devices like the iTV. They have a huge user base of iPod users who are just casual users on the computer. The kind of person who also has an iMac and uses it to just surf and buy music. That type of person will likely pay to download a movie and stream it to there tv and be dam happy about it.
If that is true, why has apple TV sucked up until this point? The thing has been out for a long time now, and it seems no one has wanted it. You also have to realize someone that owns a 360 and watches downloaded movies is MUCH more likely to be involved in something such as buying a device that only downloads and plays movies on your TV. Because that is what audience the 360 is marketed to. The same people that like to have all those gadgets, toys and accessories are usually the same people who have a new game system the day it is released, or shortly after.

Devedander: BTW... for the record, I do own a PS3. The longer I own the thing, the more I see the superiority of the 360. That's from personal use and experience. It's pretty obvious it wasn't as well thought out. Call me what you want, but the 360 is still the better system IMO. And I have yet to see this "better graphics" everyone keeps talking about.

This post has been edited by Elemino: Jan 17 2008, 12:43 PM

free hurricane

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(trey85stang @ Jan 17 2008, 12:42 AM) *

I would have probably flashed my firmware if the 360 was not so unreliable. If I flashed it one day, the next day it would probably rrod and I would be out of $400. For 360, I will try no funny business. That warranty is essential.

This post has been edited by free hurricane: Jan 19 2008, 02:14 AM
Pages: 1 2 [3]