xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BT and MS Announce Partnership to Deliver Entertainment Experience to  (Read 155 times)

ca102455

• Archived User
BT and MS Announce Partnership to Deliver Entertainment Experience to
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 02:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(Charbless @ Jan 8 2008, 06:08 AM) *

24mb is not needed to play games or watch streaming media 2mb can do that fine.

I'd like to see you try to stream HD content down a 2mb pipe. This is supposed to be the home entertainment revolution not standard definition fuzzy TV.

Also to add to your comment '24mb downstream is not needed to play games', fair enough but 448kbps upstream (best contention 300kbps) is not suficient to host a game. Oh & then there's your ping which counts massively when gaming, now on BT's congested networks your best hope is between 50 to 200ms ping, possibly more if your copper line is out in the middle of no where. Sorry mate BT need to go back to the drawing board & replan their strategy if they want to stay in the market.

Charbless

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »

Like I said before if its so bad why doesn't everyone cough up pay towards better lines being installed you can't expect a company to pay billions to do this. This is problem NTL had to expensive to cover whole UK it's why there coverage is so small and they use fibre which doesn't deliver the speeds or quality it should.

2mb can down hd stream no problem to many people don't know how it works they always look at numbers and some one to blame.

irnchriz

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 07:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(spodee @ Jan 7 2008, 10:08 PM) View Post

Now Microsoft just needs to make a 360 stable enough to handle this.  My own has broken down three times.

Sucks to be you.

QUOTE(soopahfly @ Jan 8 2008, 01:04 AM) View Post

Just a shame the broadband speeds offered by BT are so naff that you won't be able to watch anything all the way through anyway.  I wonder if it will also fall in with traffic shaping.  "your watching too much tv, you can stream at 5kbps, whilst you are waiting please go outside and do something else"

BT broadband speeds vary across the country.  The main problem with BT is that their business is split into so many different units (lines/broadband etc) that its difficult to get them to sort problems.  This applies to the whole of BT as a company, basically the left hand doesnt know what the right is up to.

QUOTE(tutu @ Jan 8 2008, 03:32 AM) View Post

I have Sky Broadband so I don't expect to ever see it supported!

Buy a PS3, sky and Sony are working on a deal to use the PVR functions of PS3 and have content sent directly to the PS3 over broadband.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 08:04:00 AM »

Everyone singing the praises of other companies and how much better than BT are and then quoting speeds. You do realise even if they use LLU the lines are still the same ones installed by BT. The same ones that govern the maximum speed of ADSL. So you can sign up for a company with 24MB advertised and still only end up with 4MB due simple physics of the line and the distance you are from the local exchange.

Boiker

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 12:30:00 PM »

Hmm well first BT need to pull the finger out and get the entire country in populated areas on nothing but 10mbps. I'm on 1mbps because their line is so damn terrible that it can't carry a faster signal. I live in a fairly densely populated area as well, half a mile a way there are people on cable enjoying 20mbps, but it's good ol' ADSL here and it's terrible.

And LOL at them expecting people to change their ISP. Regardless of whether BT are a good ISP, no one wants the extra hassle of changing theirs.
Pages: 1 [2]