xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Connecting Windows Vista Media Centre To 360  (Read 54 times)

Midnight_Sun

• Archived User
Connecting Windows Vista Media Centre To 360
« on: December 28, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »

Hi,

I've just joined the forums and hope I can be forgiven for jumping straight in with a question.  I looked for similar topics and followed some instructions in another thread but am having no joy.

I am attempting to get the 360 to work with Media Centre on my Vista PC.  I am using ZoneAlarm firewall and have tried to configure it to find my Xbox but am having no joy.

I have gone into ZoneAlarm's program controls and enabled every option I can find pertaining to the Media sharing.  I also added a couple that were not in there such as McrMgr.exe and Mcx2Prov.exe

I have gone into the Firewall section of Zonealarm and added the IP range into trusted Zones.

I go through the extender setup in Media Centre, enter the 8 digit setup key and it then informs me a 3rd party firewall has been detected.  I tell it that I've configured my firewall but when it goes through the checklist it searches for the extender and can't find it.  

If anyone has any clue how to sort this out, I'd really appreciate it.

Again, apologies if I've missed a thread that spells this out, or if I've posted in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance,

M_S