xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bourne Trilogy Free With Xbox 360 HD DVD Player  (Read 92 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Bourne Trilogy Free With Xbox 360 HD DVD Player
« on: December 18, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | December 18 13:07 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From highdefdigest.com:

As part of its "10 Days, 10 Deals" sale, the web giant is giving away all three Bourne flicks on HD DVD with purchase of the Xbox 360 HD DVD player.

Combined with the 'King Kong' HD DVD that comes in the box and five additional free HD DVD discs by mail, that's a total of nine free discs included with purchase of the Xbox add-on, a value that roughly matches the $179 pricetag of the player itself.

Buy Xbox360 HD DVD Addon (with 9 free HD DVD movies): Amazon.com(IMG:http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=xscenemain-20&l=ur2&o=1) ($180)

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

CURSE YOU BLU-RAY!  If it wasn't for the competition i would LOVE to take advantage of this, but i know i'll get a PS3 sometime so theeeeeeeeeres my HD player sorted

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »

I'd be all over this if it was available at amazon.co.uk  sad.gif . Maybe they'll offer it here too. Btw, does king kong come with the hd player here in the UK too?, I know you get a media remote with it but king kong?.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »

yeah i got this email, and im raging laugh.gif

im supposed to be getting on for xmas so this would have been great, but nevermind. UK screwed again laugh.gif

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »

Such a killer deal. If I had more money to burn I'd get it  sad.gif

Inspector9

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »

I SCORED MINE!!!!

What's this about a media remote? Does it come with the US version? Will it turn the unit on without having to get my fat arse up?

How do I get the "5 free HD-DVDs by mail"?

Just in time for when Santa brings me my Star Trek TOS Season One remastered in glorius HD

Cheers

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »

not a bad deal... but if i was going to get a hd-dvd player i would most likely get a standalone player instead since i just dont trust the xbox360's reliability in the long term.... reports say up to 33percent ish of xbox360's fail.

but the 9 free movies would be nice wink.gif ... can you pick which ones you want? , cause the Bourne Trilogy would be nice but the FIRST movie (8/10) was the only stand out one of the bunch if you ask me.... the 2nd (7/10) one was not bad and the 3rd (7/10) was better than the 2nd but it's jerky camera movement during the action scenes was annoying but besides that the 3rd was better than the 2nd cause he finally found out who he was etc etc.

but either way im holding off on buying any HD-DVD or BluRay players til theres a clear winner cause it would suck to shell out like 200-300+ for a player and then a year or two from now theres no movies released on it.... but whichever one wins i would get a standalone player vs the 360 or PS3 route.

GuTTerCAT

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »

Not available in Canada nor from amazon.com to ship to canada.  grr.gif

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Inspector9 @ Dec 18 2007, 02:57 PM) View Post

How do I get the "5 free HD-DVDs by mail"?

http://i.i.com.com/c...bates/13780.pdf

Just print that form out and fill it out and mail it. Could take 6-10 weeks to get them though  sad.gif  And that figure is pretty reliable as I mailed mine out almost 6 weeks ago and still haven't gotten mine.  wink.gif

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Dec 18 2007, 03:00 PM) View Post

but the 9 free movies would be nice wink.gif ... can you pick which ones you want?

No, you can't pick any other movies. If you want a deal like that I believe amazon sells the HD-A3 (standalone) for $199 with 10 free movies (Borne Identity, 300, + 3 you select from + 5 free mail-ins).

Here is that deal
Plus, get two more free HD DVDs (The Bourne Identity and 300) in the box when you buy the Toshiba HD-A3 player, HD-A30, or HD-A35.

EDIT: Scratch that. The 3 extra that you could choose from was a deal that has expired. But if you get one of the 3 Toshiba Standalones in that deal you do still get 300 and Bourne Identity as well as the 5 free HD-DVDs in the mail, you just don't still get the 3 you can pick from  wink.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Dec 18 2007, 07:39 PM) View Post

I'd be all over this if it was available at amazon.co.uk  sad.gif . Maybe they'll offer it here too. Btw, does king kong come with the hd player here in the UK too?, I know you get a media remote with it but king kong?.

No King Kong in my dixons package, I sent of for 5 free movies just over a month ago nothing yet sad.gif. I bought Shaun of the Dead though that was pretty funny zombies in HD laugh.gif

nightwulf28

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

4 months later and I have not even received my 5 free HD-DVDs.  On a side note, I called Toshiba today and they said they are in the final stage of processing lol.  So add on another 3-4 weeks and TA-DA! blink.gif

Well at least they will be free  biggrin.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »

hmmm $179.99 for a HD-DVD player and 9 movies... that sounds like an amazing deal but something is stopping me from the purchase... ncie deal though.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »

$180 to get all 3 bourne's with it
$130 at We 'B' Toys (KK & mail in)

Some great deals...if only they offered better movies for the free ones. If I could get the Bourne trilogy, and send in for all the Harry Potters or something, I'd be all over it. For now, I'll wait for the next 1-up they do, at least (actually, I'll probably buy a standalone anyway)

djtonic

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »

DESPERATION!!  This is a great deal but I am starting to change my position in the format war...I will most likely buy a blu-ray.  Maybe even a ps3.  I already have a combo drive on my MEdia PC (HD/Bluray) but I am not happy completely with the load times and all that.

Too little too late for me.  i wonder though if I could get away with buying the ADD on and then returning it after getting the movies.

~Dj~

vgplayer

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »

Too bad this deal won't be around when I plan to buy the adapter after Xmas.  I know something else will come up soon though.
Pages: [1] 2