xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xvid Codec, Need To Be Connected?  (Read 165 times)

eclipsespyder

• Archived User
Xvid Codec, Need To Be Connected?
« on: December 12, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »

Hi guys,
I downloaded the new xvid codec and everything is working fine. Today my Internet stopped working, so I decide to watch a movie, but the movie is not working anymore. It says I don't have the good codec.
Do I need to always be connected to live in order to watch a movie, or is it something I can to do to install the code *permenantly* on my xbox?

Thanks!

ze_olc

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »

i do believe the codecs have to be activated online once before you can use them.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(eclipsespyder @ Dec 13 2007, 02:32 AM) *

Hi guys,
I downloaded the new xvid codec and everything is working fine. Today my Internet stopped working, so I decide to watch a movie, but the movie is not working anymore. It says I don't have the good codec.
Do I need to always be connected to live in order to watch a movie, or is it something I can to do to install the code *permenantly* on my xbox?

Thanks!

Simple solution. Create a new Xbox Live account. Sign on to Xbox Live. Go to watch something and allow the download for the media update to happen. Sign out and delete the account from your HDD.

It should now play for all users, even when you're not signed in.

eclipsespyder

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »

Thanks guys, gonna try your solutions.

v.tosin

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Dec 14 2007, 12:15 AM) *

Simple solution. Create a new Xbox Live account. Sign on to Xbox Live. Go to watch something and allow the download for the media update to happen. Sign out and delete the account from your HDD.

It should now play for all users, even when you're not signed in.

Creating new xbox live account will charge the credit card again.I mean I had a console with update
and was working fine even if i sign it out was able to play all files but now i have a new console when i login to xbox live and if i logout from live not the profile no themes are loaded and it cannot play.
Cannot understand it what seems the problem I deleted the video codec data and redownloaded it but still not working.

I am sorry I was stupid creating a silver membership will help Everymedia is working now Thanks for the help.Was very much frustrated with this .

This post has been edited by v.tosin: Dec 20 2007, 05:33 PM

aprogressivone

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »

Glad this was posted.  Im going to do this as well.  The big question I have though is why are we doing this in the first place??  Im guessing it was a mistake on MS side of how the divx codec download is handled.  They treat it as a item linked to your xbox live gamertag, when in fact it should be gamer tag independent.  I am right on wording this?  Hopefully when a update comes out they will address this issue, as the above works, its jumping through hoops and hurdles LOL.  Thanks again for posting this though, cause I was about to pissed off if you gotta be online just to play a movie.

This post has been edited by aprogressivone: Dec 21 2007, 05:26 PM

scott076q

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

Major nelsons end of year podcast hinted the updates will be rolled out on new games eventually.

player2301

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »

create a new account works a treat , cheers bud . i havent gotta be on live now to play my movies wohooooo  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

ngarutoa

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 05:33:00 AM »

Cheers for the "Create a New Account" workaround, thought my normal Live Profile was ok with my xvids etc til i restarted it without network cable/live access & gutted-Much Thanx!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)