xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mp4 Videos Don't Show Up In Library When I Share It To 360  (Read 94 times)

Achtung

• Archived User
Mp4 Videos Don't Show Up In Library When I Share It To 360
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:50:00 AM »

I've downloaded the newest dash update and I've been using gotsent to rip my mkv to mp4's so I could play them on my 360.

But when I set the directory where the new mp4's are present Windows media player goes through the step of adding compatable video through its search of the directory, it doesn't share that folder to the 360 it acts like there isnt any compatible video in it.

Am I missing something why is media player not seeing mp4 video's? this is driving me nuts.

Mike4

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Achtung @ Dec 10 2007, 09:50 AM) View Post

I've downloaded the newest dash update and I've been using gotsent to rip my mkv to mp4's so I could play them on my 360.

But when I set the directory where the new mp4's are present Windows media player goes through the step of adding compatable video through its search of the directory, it doesn't share that folder to the 360 it acts like there isnt any compatible video in it.

Am I missing something why is media player not seeing mp4 video's? this is driving me nuts.
I only just started streaming a few mp4 files from my pc last night, but I had no problem manually adding the folder where the mp4 files reside.  It took WMP to find and load everything, but once it did that, it was pretty quick.

I'm not sure if that helps.

jacke08

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »

try renaming the .mp4 to .avi, worked for me smile.gif

impimpin206

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

Strange thing for me is that they wouldn't show when I added them to my WMP library, but showed up and played fine when I put them in the 'my videos' folder. This is Vista Ultimate 32bit.