xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mkv ----> Mp4 On A Mac?  (Read 51 times)

wjonsmith

• Archived User
Mkv ----> Mp4 On A Mac?
« on: December 08, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »

So I've been trying for a couple days to convert an mkv HD movie into a movie I can play on my 360.  Found out the easiest way is to either re-encode it into a WMV-HD file or remux it into a mp4 container.  

Ideally i would love to have it in WMV-HD so i can retain the 5.1 audio but It sounded a little easier and quicker to use an mp4.

So I used iMkvExtract to demux the audio(.aac) and video(.h264) files.  Now i need to mux it into an mp4 file and thats where im clueless.  

I know i can't used the 5.1 audio track... so I converted my audio into a stereo acc file in an mp4 container using QTpro.

I also read somewhere that I need to make sure my video level is 4.1 instead of 5.1 but I don't know how to check that on a mac.

Once I get my 2 files what do I use to mux it into an mp4 file?  I found a binary of mp4box for use with OS X but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use it.  It doesn't have a GUI and I can't figure out the command line I need to enter to get it working.  I've also tried ffmpegx but It dosen't appear to support outputting to mp4.

Am I going about this the right way?  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?  I don't have boot camp or parallels so I can't use any PC apps

thanks in advance