xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Subtitles For Divx After The Update - What Format ?  (Read 100 times)

gillone

• Archived User
Subtitles For Divx After The Update - What Format ?
« on: December 07, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »

I had a bunch of divx movies with additional srt subtitles that work great in XBMC. Now that I can see the divx movies  on 360 I would like to get the subtitles too.
I tried srt and sub and they do not display. I'm guessing the DVD player can only look for subtitles encoded with the DVD standards.
They did not say anything about the divx way (with a file named as the main movie) - I'm sure that's just a player feature but one can hope...
Any of you guys tried anything else - like WMP11 can play subtitles from an additional file so maybe they wrote that into the "new" 360 player too.

dreday78

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 06:42:00 AM »

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.  I have some anime with srt file for the subtitles that I want to play through the 360.

DDRLord

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 05:09:00 AM »

I tried the standard "file with the same name," but that didn't work.
I also tried converting from srt/sub to xSub and embedding them in the file (so that it wouldn't be hard encoded.) That also didn't work. I should have tried the file name thing with an xSub, but I doubt it'd work any better.
I'm out of ideas, but I'm no expert.

LoPingHo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 05:23:00 AM »

So unfortunately seperate subs do not function. Does any one of you have advice on burning the subs into the file itself? Preferably the easiest solution.
Thanks!