xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some iPods not Working on the Xbox 360 Anymore?  (Read 635 times)

Darkjasper

• Archived User
Some iPods not Working on the Xbox 360 Anymore?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »

If you have a 2 gig nano whats the point of even hooking that up just stream your music. I have a 80 gig classic and it works great so all good here.

lecsiy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »

If you have a 2 gig nano whats the point of even hooking that up just stream your music. I have a 80 gig classic and it works great so all good here.

Nah i ment 2 generation.

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(lecsiy @ Nov 26 2007, 09:01 AM) View Post

Nah i ment 2 generation.

If your using a version of iTunes greater than 7.2, then yep.  =)

As for the newer apple devices such as the iPhone or the new iPod nanos I don't know.  Older versions of iTunes may or may not work with those devices.

beerchug.gif

QUOTE(Darkjasper @ Nov 26 2007, 08:24 AM) View Post

no kidding...

beerchug.gif

adeon

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »

Fawk APPLE!...   grr.gif

Use Archos  jester.gif

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(adeon @ Nov 26 2007, 09:22 PM) View Post

Fawk APPLE!...   grr.gif
Use Archos  jester.gif

Archos really doesn't offer anything like the new ipod nanos and zune2 flashs.

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »

Looking at google and version history etc, i cant see anything about them removing disc mode. My guess is, as someone said, they must have slightly modified the databases on the ipods for their own reasons, or for this reason of stopping other things, like the 360, reading them.

Im still on itunes 7.4 i think. Havnt updated in a while and dont plan to. Waste of time. And now im even more inclined to not do it.

tharien

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »

I usually only use my iPod when i go to friends houses. I've always streamed music from my PC for a few reasons. The main one is an external PMP that the 360 can recognize is still limited to 100 songs max in any play list. This sucks for long runs with games like Mass Effect and CoD 4 Multi Player. Meh it won't effect me too terribly in the mean time, I do hope M$ figures out an update for this.  sleeping.gif

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »

I've started using my ipod again because about a month ago, my UPnP server stopped working. Used to be great, but i went to check it one day to play some music and it was gone. Have checked so many things and its just gone, wmp aint putting out. Im running vista.

Also, i just checked for updates to my ipod (5G) and it told me to get 1.2.3. I have looked around and cant find much info, so it looks like its brand spankin new. Maybe this 360 not working problem was a bug in 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 fixes it? Anyone got any info on this?

Master Reefed

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »

Sorry to dig up an old dead post, but I have spent hours on Google, and cant figure out how to get my 360 to recognise my Ipod again.

The Ipod still works on its own.
The Ipod still goes into diskmode...so thats not it.
The Ipod still works with my PC, as a disk, or using Itunes.
The 360 stll recognises my kids 1gig flash memory mp3 player.

360 doesnt recognise it at all when I plug it in while both are on.
If I power cycle the Ipod when it reboots it says its charging.

I reluctantly used a program called Ipodwizard to reflash the Ipods firmware back to 1.2.1 and everything seems to have worked there...but I really havnt a clue.... the Ipod says its version 1.2.1, but it also says it has 13 gigs left (what it has always said) even though I know theres only 9 gigs free.

I tried to install Itunes 7.2 like the guy on the first page of this post said, but that was a huge waste of time... to get it to even run, I had to uninstall, then go manually delete everything Itunes on my PC I could find. And now it will let me delete songs, but freezes when I try to add a song.

I have basicly tried everything on the Ipod except restore... and I really dont wanna do that.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Thx

Sorry for the wall of text in an old thread.    tongue.gif

johnney5

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 03:19:00 AM »

I was having this problem too, I found a post on another forum where someone said they did a "restore" on their ipod and it worked...

The restore option (on the summary page of the ipod in itunes) will delete ALL music, photos, videos... (everything) from your ipod.

I just tried it and... it worked smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]