xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Best Buy and Wal-Mart Offer Toshiba HD-A2 for Less Than 100usd  (Read 385 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Best Buy and Wal-Mart Offer Toshiba HD-A2 for Less Than 100usd
« on: November 01, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | November 1 15:32 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From engadget.com:

Wal-Mart may have been the first to tempt HD-fence-sitters with a $100 HD-A2 player (however limited) [$98.87 to be exact only this friday], but it looks like it's not the only one, with Best Buy now also listing the very same player for the impulse buy-inducing price of $99.99. Of course, it's sold out online, so you may be better off trying your luck at your local store.

Note: yes, Toshiba still gives you 5 free HD DVD movies with any HD DVD player you buy, including the A2 (FYI: max resolution of this player is 1080i, not 1080p).
Full Story: engadget.com

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »

Nice - if they can stay at this price hd-dvd can probably do better than blu-ray this holiday season.  (which might encourage Warner Bros. to stop being a fence sitter?)

Software2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winn...what? It's a limited supply/offer?

*hops back on the fence*

moddingswede

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

And I JUST got the 360 version. Oh well, I'm happy with it, and it came with 6 free movies and Heroes Season 1. Plus, 1080P.

jeff10

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »

damn, So should I get this or the HDDVD add-on. This is cheaper but mor damn hook ups for sound/
urg

badbrains

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(moddingswede @ Nov 1 2007, 02:14 PM) *

And I JUST got the 360 version. Oh well, I'm happy with it, and it came with 6 free movies and Heroes Season 1. Plus, 1080P.

Same here. Only complain about the add on is when i hit open on the control (that came with the add on) it opens the 360 tray and not the add on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . If anyone knows how to change it message me with the instructions or link.

Thank in advance. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

screw the add on drive... I'd take a stand-alone unit any day of the week.

this is too good of a deal NOT to pass up, At $100 you can buy it and still be a fence sitter that rents HD-DVDs in the mean time  biggrin.gif

I just picked up a 30GB Zune for $89 earlier this week too... Another deal that was too good to pass up, though I'll probably use it as gift  rolleyes.gif ... maybe  laugh.gif

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »

It's in limited quantiles and not available in all stores. Good luck getting one. Be sure to post here if you do manage to get one. What a great steal.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »

wow!! i wonder if amazon will jump on this bandwagon too. i bought my add on drive for $180 shipped from amazon with king kong in the retail box, 2 additional free movies in the shipping box plus the 5 free movie rebate, but i am considering which local walmart would be best to hit up for this deal tomorrow. i am positive my wife will not be able to distinguish the lower resolution and i get 5 more free movies from the new rebate batch.

very tempted to jump on this price...

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »

Hot.... DAMN!  Lucky Americans  tongue.gif

gamerguy999

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »

This is very tempting to me. I've been thinking lately of getting a HD-DVD player, but wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money. At $100, I don't think i'll be able to pass it up.

handles25

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Nov 1 2007, 11:29 PM) *

screw the add on drive... I'd take a stand-alone unit any day of the week.

this is too good of a deal NOT to pass up, At $100 you can buy it and still be a fence sitter that rents HD-DVDs in the mean time  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I just picked up a 30GB Zune for $89 earlier this week too... Another deal that was too good to pass up, though I'll probably use it as gift  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ... maybe  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I got a Zune when it was $99 (refurb).  I'm quite impressed with it.  If there was a chance in hell of me scoring a $99 HDDVD player tomorrow I would consider taking the day off, but I'd bet this is just a marketing ploy.

poopsickle

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »

called my bestbuy --all gone---

IJTF_Cinder

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »

In stock online and in stores for $99.99 in Canada (And Best Buy.ca). Wife says I don't need one......bitch. lol

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 05:42:00 PM »

Good luck in Richmond getting one from Best Buy. Called 4 stores and one said they had one, but when I got there they said it must be the display, I would have bought it, but no remote.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I've been sitting on the fence up till now, but since the low price, I'll buy the player and maybe a few movies, but I'm still holding off on buying a lot of movies. Honestly I hope it makes a huge push for HD-DVD camp and maybe even seals the deal. I really don't care who wins just as long as one does and fast, but would rather see HD-DVD win and now I don't mind throwing some money their way since they are trying to make it affordable.

And all the BBs that I talked to told me the HD-A2 is being discontinued, so good luck finding them.

Hoping to catch the Walmart deal in the AM.

This post has been edited by cerealkillajme: Today, 01:48 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3