xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rumor: Repaired Xbox360 Comes with IPTV Features?  (Read 261 times)

Flashelek

• Archived User
Rumor: Repaired Xbox360 Comes with IPTV Features?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »

For me its nothing special, i wouldnt buy an elite for this option.. smile.gif
I dont really watch TV shows anyway, except a few from Discovery Channel, if I want to be up to date with gaming news i go to gametrailers.com..

Maybe this is the reason why the Fall update awaits?

Flash from Hungary

prplehz

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »

Well as a former Xbox Beta tester. And since it has been 5 years I can talk about what I heard now... LOL.

I guarantee that this will happen.  It was Microsofts goal from day 1 of the xbox to have a one for all media box in everyones house.  The xbox was just to pull in the hardcore gamers and then that led to not so hardcore with live arcade arcade.  And now they advertise kid friendly games on live to grab the attention of that group.  Then you add this and I am willing to bet the 360 will explode with popularity. It has basicly been evolving before our eyes the entire time.  Lets just hope it isn't a major extra fee to use it.

EDIT:  Also take a look at the interactive demo on the www.microsoftmediaroom.com it clearly shows the 360 being used for iptv

Cavalierz24

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

Well I just got my xbox back from microsoft repair yesterday and it all looks normal no new stuff that indicates iptv to me.

Toxhd

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

its a nice feature an all.. but the only intresting function is the dvr option for decoders that dont have that option..
i would rather prefer my silent tv-decoder box compared to my 360 watching tv..

GeToChKn

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »

This is nothing new, it was announced in February HERE

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »

i dont think you need a elite to watch iptv but the bigger hd for pvr is a advantage im shure any 360 with a harddrive will work. go figure it was at@t for the usa what abought virsion fios they have iptv to. and i guess that makes this a pay service just not from M$. its just yet another extender option.

but im all for iptv its more companys in the tv market compeating hence prices get lower. and cable companys get another shot in the nuts.

koolkid1935

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(luther349 @ Oct 27 2007, 08:57 PM) View Post

i dont think you need a elite to watch iptv but the bigger hd for pvr is a advantage im shure any 360 with a harddrive will work. go figure it was at@t for the usa what abought virsion fios they have iptv to. and i guess that makes this a pay service just not from M$. its just yet another extender option.

but im all for iptv its more companys in the tv market compeating hence prices get lower. and cable companys get another shot in the nuts.

AFAIK, FiOS isn't a 100% IPTV network, which is how they could get a cable TV license.  Some of their channels are using standard RF from the ONT.  Another thing with FiOS is that Verizon isn't using Microsoft for the software on the STB...At least I don't think they are...

masterdave

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 04:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(prplehz @ Oct 27 2007, 02:14 PM) View Post

Well as a former Xbox Beta tester. And since it has been 5 years I can talk about what I heard now... LOL.

I guarantee that this will happen.  It was Microsofts goal from day 1 of the xbox to have a one for all media box in everyones house.  The xbox was just to pull in the hardcore gamers and then that led to not so hardcore with live arcade arcade.  And now they advertise kid friendly games on live to grab the attention of that group.  Then you add this and I am willing to bet the 360 will explode with popularity. It has basicly been evolving before our eyes the entire time.  Lets just hope it isn't a major extra fee to use it.

EDIT:  Also take a look at the interactive demo on the www.microsoftmediaroom.com it clearly shows the 360 being used for iptv

what was your GT?

masterdave

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 04:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(prplehz @ Oct 27 2007, 02:14 PM) View Post

what was your GT?

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2020, 08:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(flashfreak @ Oct 27 2007, 07:08 AM) *

Wouldnt be the fall update- we'd have known about it. I just turned my 360 on and didnt get asked to update. Im pretty sure if people did, they'd be coming here so we'd know about it. So i dont have any idea why just u would have an update...

anyone have any info on this years fall update? A month ago I saw something rumored about a parental timer, wondering what other features they may add.

prplehz

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(masterdave @ Oct 28 2007, 03:42 AM) View Post

what was your GT?

Prplehz
Pages: 1 [2]