xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Easy Mkv To Mp4 For Xbox 360  (Read 1266 times)

J^^

• Archived User
Easy Mkv To Mp4 For Xbox 360
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 04:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(B-Man13 @ Oct 24 2007, 02:15 AM) *

Sorry for the confusion.  The source file was around 11-12 Mbps.  The mp4 file I made with GOTSent set the video stream to 10Mbps.  I just installed MediaInfo.  Here's the output from the mp4...
And here is the info from the source mkv file...
I still can't tell if the video is encoded at level 4.1 or 5.1.  How can I get that info?

When you add the h264 file (video) to YAMB (a gui to create mp4) it tells you there. Try that.

darko31

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »

I should add that the frame rate adjustment (from 23.8 --> 23.976) fixed 99% of my lip sync issues.  It does still get slightly off near the end but at a completely manageable level.  Heck, I probably would not have noticed it if I hadn't been looking for it. wink.gif

crazy1234

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »

can someone help me to convert the audio to mp4 please.

using meGUI i get some errors, and with foobar when i do file-----open it says unsupported

havent used either of these programmes before, and only installed what is said in the first post.

This post has been edited by crazy1234: Oct 26 2007, 01:45 PM

J^^

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(crazy1234 @ Oct 26 2007, 10:20 AM) View Post

can someone help me to convert the audio to mp4 please.

using meGUI i get some errors, and with foobar when i do file-----open it says unsupported

havent used either of these programmes before, and only installed what is said in the first post.

For foobar you just have to look for ac3 and mp4 plugins (or componants as they are called for foobar)

sparkz

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »

amazing method. perfect tutorial. i hate re-encodes. flawless.

jon9345

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here but here's my situation

I have an x264 MKV that plays fine in vlc, media player classic etc. Demuxed this to a .264 and .aac with mkvmerge, now for some reason the .264 file plays VERY choppy in vlc, like the frames are totally messed up. I'm running a pretty beefy quad core system atm so I doubt this is normal.

Regardless of this i do the h264info 4.1 thing, and again same thing with the playback, choppy.

Remux with YAMB and it crashes at 99% and leaves me with a video that looks fine on pc but won't play on 360. I tried to remux with MEgui but that won't even load the .h264.

I'm guessing my codecs are messed up but I've tried the combined community pack (includes ffdshow), coreavc etc with the same results

crazy1234

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 05:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(J^^ @ Oct 27 2007, 01:26 AM) View Post

For foobar you just have to look for ac3 and mp4 plugins (or componants as they are called for foobar)

thanks

i found the ac3 one, and i can now open the file in foobar, but i can't find the mp4 one.

also when coverting should i use the mp4 nero setting?

jamrop

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »

Hey

This works well, but i have run into problems with 2 mkvs that i am trying to change

Not sure why, looked at all the settings, but just wil not play on the xbox 360

From media file here is the mkv file info

Format               : Matroska
File size            : 7.85 GiB
PlayTime             : 2h 16mn
Bit rate             : 8242 Kbps
Movie name           : test.mkv
Encoded date         : UTC 2007-05-27 23:35:47
Writing application  : mkvmerge v2.0.2 ('You're My Flame') built on Feb 21 2007 23:40:55
Writing library      : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1
Cover                : LFAX.TTF / LFAXD.TTF / LFAXDI.TTF / LFAXI.TTF / TIMES.TTF / TIMESBD.TTF / TIMESBI.TTF / TIMESI.TTF

Video #0
Codec                : MPEG-4 AVC
Codec/Info           : MPEG4 ISO advanced profile
PlayTime             : 2h 16mn
Width                : 1280 pixels
Height               : 532 pixels
Aspect ratio         : 2.406
Frame rate           : 23.976 fps
Title                : test
Language             : English

i use the h264info to change it to 4.1

The audio is standard ac3, so i have not added the info

Question i want to ask

Is it to do with the level?
This file is over 4gb, i have external HD with hfs+, would this stop it from playing?
But i have split the file to test, using Yamb, and still does not work

When i change it with h264, i get Codec/Info MPEG4 Base

Is there something i am missing?

I get the status code 69-02-c00d36c4 on the 360

Many thanks

This post has been edited by jamrop: Oct 30 2007, 09:15 PM

jamrop

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »

Ok, i have found the problem to be with the file size limit.

Helpful Tip

If the file size is over 4gb, and you play it on external file size, it will not play

If you cut the mp4 to make it in 2 parts using Yamb, the first part will not the work, the second part will work.

No idea why this is, has been driving me mad tongue.gif

Anyway, to get around it, use mkvmerge first, and add the mkv file, and go to settings and split the file there, and then do the above tutorial tongue.gif

Hope this helps

KevinSartori

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »

Wow, great tip, Jamrop!  I couldn't figure out why the TV shows I downloaded and converted would play fine, but the movies wouldn't.  At one point I suspected that file size might have something to do with it, so I did what you did and split the MP4 file with YAMB.  As you say, that doesn't work.  I just assumed that it must have been something incompatible during the original encode, but it never even occurred to split the file before the conversion, instead of after!

It adds extra steps, but it's still worth it!  Thanks again!

kevroman

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »

Someone please help- I am having the hardest time converting my AC3 audio to AAC... I've tried using MeGUI and FooBar2000. I can't seem to get it to work.  When I use MeGui and I just try to convert the audio to aac it won't let me, because it tries to read the video and won't let me do it without putting my video file in, but all I want to do is convert the audio. Can someone please post a step by step guide on how to convert the AC3 file to LC aac

Looouky

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2007, 02:12:00 AM »

I have tried this method several times on different samples of Transformers, does the resolution of 1280*528 have an effect. Because I have yet to be successful on getting the video to play in quicktime or zune. Zune does nothing, while quicktime on plays audio. Oh and the 360 does not play it at all.

ricosuave_9

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2007, 05:28:00 AM »

After some trial and error this is the easiest way I have found to get this working.

Large files such a movies need to be split beforehand as said above.  I tried splitting in post and it just doesnt work, even with GotSents split feature, which splits the mp4 as opposed to the mkv before conversion.

So

1) MKVmerge to split the file into the appropriate filesizes (under 4gb) > start muxing

2) Gotsent to convert the new mkv's into 360 compatible video.

3) burn and enjoy ohmy.gif)

I'll ask the dev team at GotSent of they can include the option to split mkv before so it will work with 360, if a few others join in then we have a 1 click process for conversion.

Cheers, Ant

chinchillanet.co.uk

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »

ok, im fairly competent when it comes to HD and converting etc, and i always use movie maker to convert my films from mkv/avi/mpeg to 720/1080p WMV files, they work everytime and look just as good.

is there any reason i shouldnt be doing this? is the method above any better?

movie maker is great for converting, the only down side is no batch conversion, but other than that its all been fine so far smile.gif

J^^

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(chinchillanet.co.uk @ Nov 20 2007, 03:33 PM) View Post

ok, im fairly competent when it comes to HD and converting etc, and i always use movie maker to convert my films from mkv/avi/mpeg to 720/1080p WMV files, they work everytime and look just as good.

is there any reason i shouldnt be doing this? is the method above any better?

movie maker is great for converting, the only down side is no batch conversion, but other than that its all been fine so far smile.gif

Why should you do this? Because it is much faster than converting with Movie Maker. This process takes about 15 minutes for a file as opposed to hours for re-encoding. It has not failed me yet and I've thrown plenty of files at it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15