xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Recommendations?  (Read 49 times)

Big Ben

• Archived User
Recommendations?
« on: July 25, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »

So my friend owned the original Xbox and it had a chip in it, I believe it was the Xecuter2 but I may be mistaken. I was blown away by all the things it was able to do and now I am on the market for an Xbox 360. I assume that there is a way to modify this console so I can get some of the same features? By entering our IP addresses into the Xbox we, were able to stream movies and music from our computers through the Xbox and I want to be able to do that again. I also want to be able to store games/music files/ & movie files on the hd. And if possible, get those SuperNes games on there as well. Would the Xecuter3 be able to do all this?

I'd appreciate any feedback, and if I'm in the wrong place, any direction would be good as well...Thanks guys!

chorizo1

• Archived User
Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »

1) xbox and 360 are 2 differnt things

2) No homebrew, emulators etc. on 360

3) you can stream certain media (read the PINNED Topics above)

4) cannot store retail games on HDD

5) DO NOT CROSSPOST

Do some basic reading of the PINNED Topics in Newbie Chat at least before ask9ing questions that take you 2 seconds to find the answers to.

impimpin206

• Archived User
Recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »

The xbox 360 will stream some files natively, straight from your PC. This includes MP3, MPEG2, and Windows Media (WMV / WMA).

For Divx, Xvid, etc.... you will need to use a transcoder. The new version of VME should help with this, you can read more about that here: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=614301

Also, I recommend you read the pinned thread at the top of this forum that explains media capability with the XBox 360.

At the present time, there are no emulators / homebrew available. You should find a $50 used Xbox (original) on craigslist and modify that. For a new level gaming experience, or High Def media... you'll need the 360 smile.gif

Cheers