xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd  (Read 142 times)

amudd

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »

hi
have been trying to burn dual layer disks holdin 8gb wmvhd files but they dont play in the xbox. keeps coming up unplayable disk

im using nero and dvd-rom udf compolation and xbox compatability mode and no luck..
any ideas?

waytoodeep03

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »

Good question. I have been trying to do this as well. I however get a mixed media error when trying to play it. I burned using Nero and Clone Cd

GajoTNT

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

Working here, burned with nero has a UDF dvd, then you go to the media tab->video->current disc and play the wmv file easy smile.gif

ratis

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »

just pop your blank dual layer in your pc and wait for the lil box that pops up asking you what you wanna do. then select created data disc select files to burn and your on your way

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 05:28:00 AM »

moving to the multimedia forum...

THDVL

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:37:00 AM »

I think it has something to do with the spring update. I had like 8 wmvhd movies burned to 8 different dl discs. They all worked fine without any errors. Since the spring update I havnt been able to get any of them to play properly. Some will play up 'till about half way and then the error pops up "unplayble media blah blah whatever" Others just wont play at all. So I decided to split my wmvhd files into two regular dvdr's. They all play as they should now, but it's pretty inconvenient to get up and change the disc just to finish the 2nd half of the movie. I would really like to know what happened and why the wmvhd's aren't playable from dl media anymore. As you have done I also was burning udf via nero. Good luck.

If you decide you want to split your files into two dvdr's, Boilsoft's wmv splitter is great for the job as is asftools. Just google em.

This post has been edited by THDVL: Jun 6 2007, 05:41 PM

bearcats

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »

Why not just put them on a usb hard drive? you can get a 40-60GB 2.5 (small laptop) hard drive from ebay for about $35-$50 and the usb case of $15. My problem is the 8GB file sizes. With a usb hard drive and xbox 360 the file sizes can not be over 4GB i think.

THDVL

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 10:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(bearcats @ Jun 7 2007, 12:50 AM) View Post

Why not just put them on a usb hard drive? you can get a 40-60GB 2.5 (small laptop) hard drive from ebay for about $35-$50 and the usb case of $15. My problem is the 8GB file sizes. With a usb hard drive and xbox 360 the file sizes can not be over 4GB i think.

You can easily bypass that 4gb limit.. just use the macdrive hack.

bill55

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 06:30:00 AM »

Any solution yet for this? My WMV DL's don't read either (UDF). I want to archive stuff on DL's. I don't have enough HD space for all the movies I have.

waytoodeep03

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 05:11:00 AM »

I have another question

If I have a file converted in WMV HD. can I play this in the regular dvd player and have it being shown in HD? Is a HD DVD player requred to play WMV HD movies?

THDVL

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »

You dont need the hd dvd player to play wmvhd. Just burn it and put it in the 360.

michael9413

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »

Got a problem here also....
I use my HDD to connect to my Xbox 360 by USB cable...
My converteed WMV size only at a mere 500mb but sometime around 7-10 minutes after play each time it pop up the error code...
69-02-8007045D  the error code is liek that...
any one can help???

BTW i also like a few of you...
face this problem after the spring update... how....  sad.gif

aRR360

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 06:17:00 AM »

I think everybody has this problem atm, the only way to get it to work is by splitting the wmv into two files with AVI MPEG RM WMV Splitter (http://www.boilsoft.com/) and then burn it on dvd5 disk's.
Also if u have another pc/laptop in your network with a dvd dl reader u can stream directly from the dvd(9) with Tversity and maby in near future u can play them on the xbox360 again when they fix the problem with a update.

greetz,

arr360

pue5tube

• Archived User
Burn Dual Layer Wmvhd
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 04:41:00 AM »

I have been making verbatim dual layer dvd+r backups for wmv-hd movies without any apparent problems.  I use nero express to burn as a data dvd, with booktype set to dvd-rom.  so far all my discs play, with only one catch.  after loading up the dvd, the file automatically plays in the music player for some reason.  i just have to hit the back button and then go to video.