xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 Computers Running Vista  (Read 111 times)

celinedrules

• Archived User
2 Computers Running Vista
« on: May 21, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »

Is it possible to have Media Center on the 360 connect to 2 computers running Vista at the same time? I have music and videos on both computers and I would like to browse all the content at one time instead of connecting to each computer seperately.

If not would it some how be possible to network the computers together so I can access the content on the second computer through the first computer?

ryanworrell

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »

Nope. Both 360's connected to Vista Home Premium flawlessly. My guess would be to check your cables and networking equipment with something goofy like that. One test would be connecting the xbox directly to your Vista machine with a crossover cable, if that works, then you know it's your network.

celinedrules

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(lnx @ May 21 2007, 09:06 AM) View Post

Hi.

You could just share the folders on one machine (we'll call this slave) and then map drives to them on the other (we'll call this master). Then just add the media in the mapped drives to MC and share it.

Should work fine, I used to do this with XP.

I tried that and yeah I can access the second computer from the first but I can't get the 360 to see the mapped drive.

Relativity

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 03:59:00 AM »

Just make a windows share . Then net use the drivezorz.

Dirkbox

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 02:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(lnx @ May 21 2007, 06:06 PM) View Post

Hi.

You could just share the folders on one machine (we'll call this slave) and then map drives to them on the other (we'll call this master). Then just add the media in the mapped drives to MC and share it.

Should work fine, I used to do this with XP.

I have Vista Home Premium and cannot for the life of me get the 360 to connect to the vista machine at all.

No matter what I do, it just won't connect.

The PC will see the 360 on the network, but when you try and add it as an extender, it just doesn't see it.

Anyone else had this problem?

Yeah having that problem for the last two nights.  Just won't connect it's sets everything up but just wont connect.  Had no problems with my main MCE machine.  Vista is becoming a real pain.

Did you manage to get it sorted?