xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Update Tomorrow  (Read 147 times)

Sgt_Yates

• Recovered User
Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Update Tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »

Ok, now I have the update, although it won't do me much good. I think I have Elite envy. Either way, my receiver is old school Pro Logic. It has worked so good (since college 1996 - tear*sniffle*), I cannot justify the upgrade...until today. My wife is like, oh if you want it, go ahead...She just know that her Gilmore Girls will sound totally kick ass. I think it is a ploy. We aint ordering Steel Magnolias in HD dammit!

I picked up the XBOX360 hardware magazine. I think OXM puts it out every quarter. There is a ton of sweet options, so now, which reciever or home theatre to buy for the best kick butt audio? Any advice is great. I am thining somthing Onkyo, but I wouldnt mind a WMA compatible one either.

Anyhow, yep it just updated like a game. Toss in King Schlong or whatever, and it prompts you...I wonder what happens if you choose no? Does it not let you play movies? Oh well. Too late to try that. dry.gif

Later

Archalien

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »

So many noobs, so little time.......

It has already been verified by Amir that even if they had slapped a hdmi 1.3 into the elite it STILL could not do LPCM 7.1 nor BitStream of the respective HD tracks because the audio bus is not wide enough for that data!

They would have to increase the audio bus bandwidth capacity (Hardware) in addition to adding the DD+,DD-THD and DTS-HD-MLA decoders (software) to get 7.1LPCM or increase the bus size and drop a 1.3 hdmi into it for bitstream output.

So forget about it.....
Unless MS plans a further upgrade to the hardware these audio streams will NEVER happen.

At least the PS3 can do DD-THD via bitstream (no DTS-HD-MLA though) too bad PS# is trash and 98% of Blu-rays dont even have a DD or DTS HD track.......

ErichMoraga

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »

I did the upgrade but I don't see a DTS selection anywhere (looked in the system audio section).  I also don't see where I'c choose "night mode" / dynamic compression either.

-Erich

Sgt_Yates

• Recovered User
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Acill360 @ May 15 2007, 10:05 AM) View Post
If you get a new receiver I HIGHLY recommend the Onkyo TX-SR674. I does HDMI upscaling and switching for all video inputs. Very sweet. I got one after reading this review on it. Onkyo TX-SR674 Review

As for audio it 7.1, DD, DTS, plus everything. Optical and Component switching. Very sweet system. I love mine.

Acill, thanks for the info bro. I will look into this one. I need to find some good Euro distributors. I am currently living in Belgium...Maybe they have something in dual voltage...

Wittmann

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »

well  ive just upgraded my whole setup...

42 inch sony LCD...

and a Pioneer VSX-2016AV-S with 7.1 speakers smile.gif very nice love.gif

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 06:01:00 AM »

Is there any way to download this update so that I can burn it to a CD?

I don't have Live access in my lounge - and I really NEED this update!

djmattyb

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(ErichMoraga @ May 15 2007, 01:34 PM) View Post

I did the upgrade but I don't see a DTS selection anywhere (looked in the system audio section).  I also don't see where I'd choose "night mode" / dynamic compression either.

-Erich

Any answers to this out there? I have the same problem. I can't find where I would set the output to always output DTS. The update was supposed to add "Option to output ALL HD DVD audio as DTS 1.5Mbps" Where is this setting?

Nytemunkey

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 12:58:00 AM »

Anyone know how to check the software version for the HDDVD drive? I just got it the other day and I don't know if the update applied. An update was downloaded but I am not sure if it was this one or not. Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]