xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 'Children of Men' HD DVD Hits Xbox 360 Playback Snag?  (Read 312 times)

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
'Children of Men' HD DVD Hits Xbox 360 Playback Snag?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »

Damn. Why did mine have to be one of the few that didn't work. At least it wasn't a total loss...the DVD side works fine sad.gif

Other than occasional freezes this has been my first problem with the HD DVD player. Then again, I've only tried the eight that I own.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »

Maybe the movie made the drive "sterile"  jester.gif

Joking aside, it's a cool movie... Hope it is something they can fix with a dash update (or some other update means)...

stevew

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »

To those of you Xbox 360 HD-DVD owners who claim they have noticed no bugs or problems whatsoever with their systems, I ask you the following question:  Have you not noticed that the console (in its double drive environment along with the HD-DVD) is occasionally confused as to the state of its drives' disk trays?  Specifically, this confusion will occasionally manifest itself after you've inserted a game or movie in either drive, with the dashboard indicating that the tray is opening or closing when, in fact, it is already in a closed, stationary position.  This is a fairly well-documented bug.  Has anyone here not witnessed this bug since connecting their HD-DVD to their Xbox 360?

Methadon

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »

Sounds like it's possibly some bad runs of discs, in this case. I remember taking quite a few DVDs back to Wally because they wouldn't play 100% on my PS2. Exploring the isue, I found that it's similar to how burning a disc can be, and sometimes a factory disc may work perfectly on some players, but have occasional probs on other systems.

If it's a hardware issue, I wonder what specifically is happening. Is it not executing the code, or is something crashing?

h3xagram

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(stevew @ Mar 30 2007, 04:09 PM) View Post

To those of you Xbox 360 HD-DVD owners who claim they have noticed no bugs or problems whatsoever with their systems, I ask you the following question:  Have you not noticed that the console (in its double drive environment along with the HD-DVD) is occasionally confused as to the state of its drives' disk trays?  Specifically, this confusion will occasionally manifest itself after you've inserted a game or movie in either drive, with the dashboard indicating that the tray is opening or closing when, in fact, it is already in a closed, stationary position.  This is a fairly well-documented bug.  Has anyone here not witnessed this bug since connecting their HD-DVD to their Xbox 360?

No issues with the XBOX 360, HD DVD Player or the Dashboard yet...

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 01:16:00 AM »

Another excuse to rip and convert your discs because they won't play otherwise. sleep.gif

prplehz

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 07:28:00 AM »

Never had any problems here. Launch day 360 and HDDVD add on.

brywalker

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(jabroniekilla @ Mar 30 2007, 08:56 PM) View Post

oh boy! I can hear the $ony fanboys laughing right now.  Hopefully this is just a one time deal.

They can't say a word.

Try playing "The Descent" on a PS3. That's a fun time.

TheReach

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »

I have the HD DVD Drive, I just watched children of men hd dvd last night bought from Best Buy, and yes I watched the HD side, not the regular one.  No problems!  Must be an intermittent issue, perhaps in the pressed discs themselves, not the HD DVD drive.

Helliano

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheReach @ Mar 31 2007, 08:46 PM) View Post

I have the HD DVD Drive, I just watched children of men hd dvd last night bought from Best Buy, and yes I watched the HD side, not the regular one.  No problems!  Must be an intermittent issue, perhaps in the pressed discs themselves, not the HD DVD drive.

Thats actually a pretty resonable idea. Has anyone with a HD-DVD that doesnt works tried it on another type of HD-DVD or another console.

Methadon

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(jasonmvt @ Mar 31 2007, 06:02 AM) View Post

I have 2 xbox hd dvd drives... one (which I bought last month) took 5 tries to read it, then I made the mistake of stopping the movie only to find that it wouldn't read it again (30 more tries).  Popped it in my other drive (bought at drive launch)  & it worked perfect first time.  I suspect it's the combo discs because Hollywoodland did the exact same thing on the 2 drives, and no other disc gives me trouble.

So one reads it, and one doesn't? Are both hooked to the same 360 for testing?

Blade732

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »

I am having trouble with my copy of the HD-DVD release on the 360. Gets frozen at Chapter 12, have to skip it to complete the movie the first time around. After that I get "Cannot Read Disc" errors when trying to play it.  huh.gif

deernet

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »

Something off topic, but interesting, I own the movie "The Descent" and it will not play in my Phillips DVP-5140 player which is brand new, but will play in my older Sony DVD player. There must be some problems with the production of this disc. I returned the DVD player (Phillips) and the new one would still not play the disc. I made a backup and it would work in the Sony, but not the Phillips. This has to be some kind of software issue, does it not?
Pages: 1 [2]