xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible To Xfer Files To 360 Hdd From Pc And Have 360 Recognize The F  (Read 52 times)

RipRocK

• Archived User

My Xplorer360 beta5 recognizes the HDD without anyproblems when hooked up to my PC.  I noticed that I can extract files from the HDD to my PC, delete files on the HDD, make a backup image of the HDD and even "Insert File", "Insert Folder" and "Add New Folder".

What I noticed though is that all the names of the folders and the files on the 360 HDD are "encrypted" and doesn't even have any extensions, except for the game save files, which end with *.svg.  So, what I was wondering was, if it is possible to transfer video and music files from my PC to my 360 HDD somehow using Xplorer360 or any other PC tools for the 360 when the HDD is hooked up to my PC?

I figured out in which folder the videos I had downloaded from Xbox Live are located and figured that is where I can insert the video files, but I'm still concerned with not having my 360 recognize the files I xfer to my 360 HDD from my PC because of the file naming conventions.  Thanks.

I don't have a Windows Media Center on any of my computers.  Just Windows XP Pro (SP2).

Team Krewshal

• Archived User
Possible To Xfer Files To 360 Hdd From Pc And Have 360 Recognize The F
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »

Where are the video files located at?