xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live to see movie and TV revenue of 726usd million  (Read 59 times)

yaazz

• Archived User
Xbox Live to see movie and TV revenue of 726usd million
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »

It would be a lot more if the video marketplace was available in Canada grr.gif

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dravor @ Jan 16 2007, 12:29 PM) View Post

This is what makes me believe Microsoft is worried less about modded consoles.  Even the people who have modded their consoles are still paying $40 or more per year for their live subscriptions, and TV/Movie sales alone are planned to bring in $92.25 million this year.... Some of that money is coming from owners of modded consoles.  Now add the money made from Arcade Games, Themes, etc.  

There is a substantial difference between Xbox Live for the Original Xbox. and Xbox Live for the 360.

Why waste time and money on trying to get up with the hackers, when you can put methods in place which will stop 95% of your owners.  Your effort and money is better spent adding IPTV support, and other channels of revenue being driven through Xbox Live.

Just my 2 cents smile.gif

damn, i could not have said it better - these accessory revenue streams are definitely outside the typical attach-rate model for gaming consoles and are really an unlimited opportunity for cash flow...

Dravor

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(794 @ Jan 16 2007, 09:22 PM) View Post

damn, i could not have said it better - these accessory revenue streams are definitely outside the typical attach-rate model for gaming consoles and are really an unlimited opportunity for cash flow...

My only other thought is, enjoy it now.  Next gen, I will be highly suprised if games are still sold through retail channels.  My guess is the games will become down-loadable like current Live Arcade games and Nintendo Wii Virtual Console games.

That would stop pirating all together, but only time will tell!

Helliano

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dravor @ Jan 17 2007, 05:32 AM) View Post

My only other thought is, enjoy it now.  Next gen, I will be highly suprised if games are still sold through retail channels.  My guess is the games will become down-loadable like current Live Arcade games and Nintendo Wii Virtual Console games.

That would stop pirating all together, but only time will tell!

Well first off we need an extra HDD, lets prey thats comming soon smile.gif